Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Misc Questions from a new 914 owner/restorer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jrrhdmust
Ok guys, I apologize if this has been previously asked. I have read through numerous threads and haven't seen anyone ask these questions. I purchased a 914 project car with numrous extra parts, as well as 2 engines. A 1.8L carburated and a 2.0L FI.
Thanks in advance for your assistance, I am sure I will have many more questions.

-Heat exchangers - will the same heat exchangers bolt up to the 1.8L and 2.0L? How can I tell if not?

- Engine cover paint - The car started olympic blue, then painted bahia red, and now has silver doors and numerous color changes. When the color was changed to red, they painted the whole engine cover black. The mesh is supposed to be black, but flat, semi, or gloss. and the frame that the mesh attaches to is it body color or black?

-Engine tins - are they flat or semi-gloss black

-Firewall - the engine side of the firewall, looks to have had glue on it. Is there supposed to be sound proofing on it?

-Suspension - what color are the suspension components?

- Is their any gotchas to removing the fuel tank?

Finally does someone have a pciture from underneath the car. I greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
markb
welcome.png

It's an addiction. There is no cure.

Go to the Originality and History forum and all of your questions will be answered. smile.gif
boogie_man
QUOTE(markb @ Oct 24 2011, 02:51 PM) *

welcome.png

It's an addiction. There is no cure.

Go to the Originality and History forum and all of your questions will be answered. smile.gif

+2....there's enough info on this site alone to answer all of those. I know as
I have printed and scoured this site to no end. You also have a bunch of great
peeps on this site that no more than the Dr. himself................tech articles
cover the fuel tank r&i and engine....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.