Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> turbo on a stock 4cyl
Mueller
post Aug 2 2004, 12:25 AM
Post #21

914 Freak!

Group: Members
Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

no instructions besides buy a few books......Turbochargers by corky bell and Turbomania by bob tomlinson are 2 of the 3 books I have.

turbos come in many different sizes, you have to match the turbo for your engine and or intended use...small turbos spool up faster....better for a "street" car...big turbos take more time to spool up, but they can flow more, better for high or top end applications...

all I am doing is reading and seeing what other people are doing.....i'll be happy with 150 to 160HP...that'll get me by until my VR6 goes into the 914 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Andyrew
post Aug 2 2004, 12:50 AM
Post #22

Spooling.... Please wait

Member No.: 172
Region Association: Northern California

Can you tell the man a price!!!

I think about 3k will do the job yourself.. less depending, and more depending.
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post Aug 2 2004, 06:16 AM
Post #23

that's what I do!

Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

QUOTE(Mueller @ Aug 2 2004, 01:14 AM)
Gene Berg made a kit, sold only a few

NOPE! Bernie Bergman (cough-cough HACK cough) sold the turbo kit, Gene Berg is type 1 (beetle) engines only and high quality T1 parts. Berg has never offered a turbo even for T1.

My research...1.7 heads plus headwork, 1.7 jugs bored to 90.5 T1 pistons, 78mm stroke, CB rods, valve train goodies, PEFI, exhaust, turbo...etc.

No longer cheap...look below to see what I decided to do.
+Quote Post
mxdude914
post Aug 2 2004, 05:27 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 925

Hey mueler how long till your vr6 goes in cuz if you have 160 hp right now id be interested in taking your motor off your hands or atleast the upgrades cuz ive done all i want to to the suspension which is a lot now i need the power to match
+Quote Post
Andyrew
post Aug 2 2004, 06:05 PM
Post #25

Spooling.... Please wait

Member No.: 172
Region Association: Northern California

Mueller does not have the turbo system done, all that I know is that he has the turbo's.... Im guessing its going to take him a while to do it, with alot of test and tune.. Also 160 is a pretty high estimate methinks... Unless Bus low compression junk, and alot of boost are implimented in the setup...

Mueller just told you his idea.... not his engine.
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Aug 2 2004, 06:12 PM
Post #26

914 Freak!

yea, it's going to take a while....I dicked around on my engine with the LM-1 (which rocks) and the megasquirt yesterday.....I just had my motor tuned up pretty well when the MS had some rare hiccup....every single parameter changed....the entire VE table was reading 255 and all of the MAP/RMP bins read 25500 (I'm the second person to have it happen since the MS has been out in the last 3 years)...now I have to reprogram the MS from scratch...I might swap out the microprocessor to play it safe...it's only like $8 or so for a new motorola chip
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Aug 2 2004, 06:15 PM
Post #27

914 Freak!

yea, it's going to take a while....I dicked around on my engine with the LM-1 (which rocks) and the megasquirt yesterday.....I just had my motor tuned up pretty well when the MS had some rare hiccup....every single parameter changed....the entire VE table was reading 255 and all of the MAP/RMP bins read 25500 (I'm the second person to have it happen since the MS has been out in the last 3 years)...now I have to reprogram the MS from scratch...I might swap out the microprocessor to play it safe...it's only like $8 or so for a new motorola chip.......

i don't think the HP I am attempting to squeeze out of it is asking too much....as long as it lasts a few months I'll be happy.......the motor was just a few hundred bucks (not including the perfect 2.0 heads) so I consider is "disposable" if I happen to turn the boost up high enough to send a connecting rod right out the top of the case..oh well... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 09:31 PM