Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT - Old Muscle Cars, Any fans out there?
Bruce Allert
post Aug 2 2004, 11:33 PM
Post #21

Hellions asleep

Group: Members
Member No.: 441
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Got out of the Navy in '71 and got a 67 PURPLE Camaro (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) Tires were SOOO big I couldn't have anyone in the back seat over 100 lbs. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) Had fun with that car & sold it before I got into too much trouble.

Later in life (about 1996) I bought an '82 Collector Edition Corvette with 38k on it. Quite the cruiser. Not much on cornering since it was the heaviest Vette made but you could drive for miles...... forever in it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)

........b

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
seanery
post Aug 3 2004, 08:04 AM
Post #22

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100
Region Association: None

You drove for Miles in 96? I didn't know he had that kind of $ (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
djm914-6
post Aug 3 2004, 10:13 AM
Post #23

Happiness is: Getting on the road

Member No.: 248

My dream car list includes several early american cars.

Split bumper Camaro (71?)
Bandit Trans Am
Split window Corvette
GTO Judge (mid model)

My mom had a Judge that the bank took back about the time my Father was KIA. That car would be worth something now. I can't believe the prices of big engine T/As.
+Quote Post
dinomium
post Aug 3 2004, 10:24 AM
Post #24

Git on a chair son, all the good stuff is goin over yer head!

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 74
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I had a 75 Camaro LT in High skool
I would LOVE some big detroit iron in my yard!!!
+Quote Post
PorscheTom
post Aug 3 2004, 10:26 AM
Post #25

Will work for an Avatar.

Member No.: 2,057

Ok guys, enough with all of the 'common' Detroit iron...

...now for something totally different.

Here are a couple pics of some of my cars I've had just in the last couple years before switching back to Porsche's...

1st is a '72 AMC Javelin/AMX Trans Am clone. Modeled after the Mark Donahue '71 TA champ. It was a AMC 401 CI V/8 with a super T10 4 speed w/Hurst short shifter and twin grip axle. That car was kick ass but I got real tired of getting pulled over by the cops thinking I was driving a race car on the highway. Sold it. Went to Penn. My current '78 928 replaced this car.

2nd is a '73 AMC Gremlin X. Before you laugh, this puppy also has a AMC 401 CI V/8, 727 automatic and twin grip. It would roast the tires on command. It really should've been tubbed for wider tires so I could get some traction once in awhile. All custom interior, etc... I loved this car, but I rediscovered 914s and sold it and bought my current 914. This car ended up going to S.C. All my cars seem to go to the east coast.

3rd - I don't have a picture of on this computer... is a 1967 Rambler Rogue Convertible. I still have this one. This is one rare cat, that's why I still have it. 1 of 921 built. White with white top and black & white interior. Engine is a AMC 290 CI V/8 with an automatic console shift - also very rare. Fun car to drive. No one knows what it is until they read the name tags, then the scratching of the head begins....

Anyway, just to interject some different muscle cars, I thought I'd post my most recient cars. I've had others but I don't have any pics of them on this computer.

Hope you enjoy the pics, here is the Jav/AmX...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
PorscheTom
post Aug 3 2004, 10:27 AM
Post #26

Will work for an Avatar.

Member No.: 2,057

and here's the Gremlin X...

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
skline
post Aug 3 2004, 10:41 AM
Post #27

Born to Drive

Member No.: 17
Region Association: Southern California

I love the old muscle cars, my last one was a 67 Chevelle, I got it for 1600.00 for a guy up in Brea and did a frame off on it. Built a 383 full roller motor for it. 475+ HP with 535 fpt. The first car I have ever driven that would pull the front end up off the ground. Scared the hell out of me not to mention how hard it was on the front end coming down. I only did it once. One fo the guys that saw me do it is the one who bought the car. I have had a 69 Camaro RS with a 327 and a factory 4 speed, a 70 Z28 RS I bought for 600.00 and restored, its now in Australia for 12k. My first car was a 69 Ford galaxie 500 2 door with a 429 CJ in it. I miss that car. Bought it for 500.00 from my next door neighbor back in 74. Here is a picture of the Chevelle. I sold it about 5 years ago. This is what it looked like when I bought it.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
skline
post Aug 3 2004, 10:41 AM
Post #28

Born to Drive

Member No.: 17
Region Association: Southern California

Here it is about the time I sold it.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
scotty
post Aug 3 2004, 02:04 PM
Post #29

The Fun Never Stops

Member No.: 718

There's something about raw muscle...when I was 10 (1969)...my uncle gave us a ride in his new 69 Dodge Polara Police Pursuit (440). Sheeeee-it! What a monster! That's the first time I was ever scared out of my gourd in a car. The siren was cool, though (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
seanery
post Aug 3 2004, 02:08 PM
Post #30

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100

My dad had a 64 Plymouth factory light weight 426 Max Wedge when he was young. Aluminum bumpers, fenders, every other seat spring removed, no ventilation, no radio, push button tranny. He used to race at IRP and on the streets. Once, the Ramchargers were there and broke something on their car, he loaned them his (they said they'd fix whatever they broke). He said they put their foot to the floor then pushed the "D" button. It was the fastest his car ever ran. Nothing broke.

Mopars can be ugly, but they were beasts back then (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
Cap'n Krusty
post Aug 3 2004, 02:27 PM
Post #31

Cap'n Krusty

Member No.: 2,246
Region Association: Central California

I grew up in So Cal, maybe 10 miles from Covina, where Gas Ronda was, and an equal distance from La Habra, where"Dyno" Don Nicholson was based. My sister's boyfriend in HS was a motorhead, and drove a '64 Fairlaine T-Bolt. THAT was an awesome ride. Obscure, very few were built, but amazingly fast. I had one of only 2 VWs in my HS parking lot at the time, and the other one was my cousins. Not exactly a hot rodding family at that time. The Cap'n
+Quote Post
iamchappy
post Aug 3 2004, 02:55 PM
Post #32

It all happens so fast!

Member No.: 1,315
Region Association: Upper MidWest

The muscle cars from when I was young, 1970 Nova ss 396 stage 2 wish I had that one, my brother special ordered it, I was with him when he picked out the options, I couldn't persuade him to get the 427 stage 3 it was only a few hundred more. It ran 12.29 in the 1/4. The nice thing was he let me drive it for a summer.
I had a 1968 AMX 390 in high school, fun and very fast car. It was appreciated by Mark Donahue who choose to race the AMX and Javelins over the Cameros and cleaned up. It was American Motors only bright spot because the rest was covered by rust.
+Quote Post
kafermeister
post Aug 3 2004, 05:22 PM
Post #33

Member No.: 174

...Hi, my name is Rick and I'm a closet Muscle car fan....

Especially if they've got polished Americans. Even more so if the car in question is black with polished Americans.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Rick
+Quote Post
TJB/914
post Aug 3 2004, 08:31 PM
Post #34

Mid-Engn.

Member No.: 346

Hi All,

I love Detroit iron. I was one of the Woodward guys looking for street races. Here's one of my former cars. 1970 Mustang Mach-1 351 Clev. 4-bbl M-Code. This is a car I restored with my son (tom) when he turned 16. I remember one day while driving on Orchard Lake Rd. A car load of young guys/girls pulled up alongside. Got the thumbs up by all & heard one of the young girls say. But look at that old guys driving it. Of course I layed a little rubber & went home to sulk.

Tom

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
TJB/914
post Aug 3 2004, 08:37 PM
Post #35

Mid-Engn.

Hey Guys,

Another former Muscle car of mine. 1962 Dodge with 413 Max Wedge. Really liked this car & drove the wheels off it. It was quick.

Tom

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
TJB/914
post Aug 3 2004, 08:41 PM
Post #36

Mid-Engn.

Another one.(just the engine)\

Detroit Iron was plentiful & cheap. Here's a 1957 Corvette F.I. engine I bought for my 29 Hi-Boy Ford Roadster. Didn't get it to run right & junked it out. What a dumb move.

Tom

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Meredith
post Aug 3 2004, 11:22 PM
Post #37

Member No.: 1,414

Along with my future 914/6, I'm also planning on owning a '66 Mustang Fastback. No really, it'll happen someday! But until then, I am taking donations. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Mer
+Quote Post
jd74914
post Aug 4 2004, 08:20 AM
Post #38

Its alive

Member No.: 1,659
Region Association: North East States

I have to say I love mustangs (64 1/2- to 68) AND THE BOSS 302 IS THE . . . (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

But i'm more of a hotrod guy, latest car is a 1950 ford f-1 I got from my dad. Its a 50's hotrod, so I'm planning to restore it that way. sorry, no pics, but here is one of what it will look like eventually. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Meredith
post Aug 4 2004, 09:33 AM
Post #39

Member No.: 1,414

QUOTE(jd74914 @ Aug 4 2004, 07:20 AM)
But i'm more of a hotrod guy, latest car is a 1950 ford f-1 I got from my dad. Its a 50's hotrod, so I'm planning to restore it that way. sorry, no pics, but here is one of what it will look like eventually. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

That's a beautiful truck. Dad and I went to Hot August Nights in Reno yesterday and saw a few pickups you would probably like. There was a sweet Chevy with a Corvette engine that I wouldn't mind having.

Mer
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 05:51 PM