Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Bought a door on Ebay for $40, No dents no rust...till I get it
thomasotten
post Aug 3 2004, 01:09 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,349

I bought this '73 passenger side door on Ebay, you know the "no dents, no rust" kind that they are always selling. When I open the package, which was insufficiently packaged for such a heavy item, I immediately notice a big dent in the front. Frantically, I reach around and pop it out. Then I notice it has got at least 4 other dents in the panel that will need to be fixed.

The door is complete with glass and mechanisms, and inner door handle (not outer). I really only bought the door because mine is wavy, and I would rather just use a straight door than try to fix a wavy one.

I am not sure if the door hardware and glass is worth $40, perhaps it is, but I don't need the hardware. If I file a claim, I am sure UPS will pick it up and trash it.

Should I just keep the door, or should I get my $40 back? And why can't people pack better?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 01:12 PM