Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Slackers Thread, or a new motivational approach - Public Ridicule
76-914
post Nov 6 2011, 08:03 AM
Post #1

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

At the last G n R Event I asked Dave (aka Silver74insocal) why he wasn't driving his car. He said he needed to yadi yadi yadi yadi yadi; to which I responded "Damn Dave. What is it going to take to get you off your ass? Do I need to post something and ridicule you? To my surprise he said yes or possibly a flogging would work. To that end; (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) Dave, get off your ass and get to work on your car. It ain't going to fix itself. That being said I thought to myself I'll bet there a several people here that would like to post their names here for public motivational intoxication. Or, perhaps you know of someone who needs that little push in order to get the ball rolling again. Well this is the place and I'm confident that these people will thank you for your concern and support, albeit in this form. Nothing below the belt and let's keep it constructive. Oh, one other thing. If you call someone out you must be willing to assist this person in their quest in some fashion or another. If you have any words for Dave or have a special someone that you know would appreciate your intervention on their behalf, then post away.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
wingnut86
post Nov 6 2011, 08:53 AM
Post #2

...boola la boo boola boo...

Member No.: 11,645
Region Association: South East States

Dr. Phil already outted me prior to this thread (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

I took tons of pictures yesterday for a starting-to-build thread...

Yes, I have witnesses - all 6 of them (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)
+Quote Post
willamp
post Nov 6 2011, 09:13 AM
Post #3

Drivin' in Texas Hill Country

Member No.: 12,232
Region Association: None

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)

I could have been called out here a couple of years ago, but the project was a Lotus Europa that you see below. I responded to consistent nagging by selling the project in pieces. Albeit, fewer pieces than I bought it in. This may not bring the outcome you're looking for. It was after this I first said 'no more old sports cars' and then a few months later I decided 'OK old sports car but it has to be already finished'. So, I bought the 914 I have today. Really enjoying it.

Attached Image
+Quote Post
SLITS
post Nov 6 2011, 09:38 AM
Post #4

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,696

Procrastination is an art form.

besides ...

It's cold

It's rainy

I need to take a leak ... plumbing isn't working well .... this could take a long time. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hissyfit.gif)
+Quote Post
kconway
post Nov 6 2011, 10:19 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 3,231

Wondering if self ridicule is effective? I need to get off my ass and get this engine installed and be done!

Kev

Attached Image
Attached Image
+Quote Post
tscrihfield
post Nov 6 2011, 10:26 AM
Post #6

Drive Fast and Take Chances

Member No.: 12,156

QUOTE(kconway @ Nov 6 2011, 12:19 PM) *

Wondering if self ridicule is effective? I need to get off my ass and get this engine installed and be done!

Kev

Attached Image
Attached Image

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) OH MY GOD! get off you A$$ and install that beauty!
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif)
+Quote Post
KELTY360
post Nov 6 2011, 10:27 AM
Post #7

914 Neferati

Member No.: 5,344
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I love it when threads come up where I have some expertise. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

My Procrastination Thread
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
jmill
post Nov 6 2011, 10:54 AM
Post #8

Green Hornet

Member No.: 9,038
Region Association: Upper MidWest

There is much procrastination to be done before I can announce my total failure to make any progress this year. I have a boat lode of parts from Eric Shea sitting in boxes. In my defense, it's getting cold now and I don't have a heater in my garage. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Strudelwagon
post Nov 6 2011, 11:00 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 9,633
Region Association: Canada

QUOTE(jmill @ Nov 6 2011, 08:54 AM) *

There is much procrastination to be done before I can announce my total failure to make any progress this year. I have a boat lode of parts from Eric Shea sitting in boxes. In my defense, it's getting cold now and I don't have a heater in my garage. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Buy a heater! that's where I'm at now....so close but so cold (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)
SW
+Quote Post
stugray
post Nov 6 2011, 11:11 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,819

Who needs heaters?? Just buy a few thousand watts of shoplights & fire em up!

My project has been on jackstands for almost 2 years.

Hellhole fixed
Trailing arms restored
Brakes, done & ready to reassemble
Engine bay - painted
Passenger compartment: Seats installed, race harnesses installed, stripped & repainted, ready to finish this weekend.

Engine: Next!

Gotta be done by race season next year! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

Stu
+Quote Post
jsaum
post Nov 6 2011, 11:44 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 7,809

Some call it Procrastination, I call it careful planning!

Jsaum
+Quote Post
PanelBilly
post Nov 6 2011, 11:53 AM
Post #12

914 Guru

Member No.: 6,488

I successfully put another car build in front of finishing my blue car. I need to rebuild the engine, stick it in the car. The body needs a windshield (mike, you going to have that trim finished soon?) and I need to figure out how to keep the side window sweetie rubber from putting out when I raise and lower the glass.

Not all that much work. Maybe another 6-8 years!
+Quote Post
greenie
post Nov 6 2011, 01:33 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 3,013

QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Nov 6 2011, 09:53 AM) *

I successfully put another car build in front of finishing my blue car. I need to rebuild the engine, stick it in the car. The body needs a windshield (mike, you going to have that trim finished soon?) and I need to figure out how to keep the side window sweetie rubber from putting out when I raise and lower the glass.

Not all that much work. Maybe another 6-8 years!

And if you can't do it right the first time do it right the second time or at least the third time.

Billy you are not a slacker just a perfectionist.
+Quote Post
jmill
post Nov 6 2011, 02:26 PM
Post #14

Green Hornet

Member No.: 9,038
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(stugray @ Nov 6 2011, 12:11 PM) *

Who needs heaters?? Just buy a few thousand watts of shoplights & fire em up!

Fluorescent lights don't "fire up" here in the winter. They tease you with a minor bit of light and make a strange noise that sounds like they're laughing at you.

I'm thinking of getting one of these until I come up with $700 for the Modine Hot Dawg.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
'73-914kid
post Nov 6 2011, 02:56 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 9,714

Procrastination? What the hell's proctrastination? If I don't finish up my projects by sunday afternoons, I'm shit out of luck for getting back to school...
+Quote Post
76-914
post Nov 6 2011, 07:35 PM
Post #16

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964

OK, a quick redirect. Possibly I misspoke in my first post but this is a thread to Roast someone for letting their teener sit. Not the over achievers of America (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)
+Quote Post
sean_v8_914
post Nov 6 2011, 09:01 PM
Post #17

Chingon 601

Member No.: 3,541

the prospect of walking from Vista to Pomona seems like sound motivation to me.

if any of you procratinationist so cal jack stand jockeys ever need help, Im here. im usually at the shop Sat. advise is always free, music is loud and my paved yard is huge so bring it down and we'll git er dun.
+Quote Post
Jeff Hail
post Nov 6 2011, 09:03 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 7,712

QUOTE(76-914 @ Nov 6 2011, 07:03 AM) *

At the last G n R Event I asked Dave (aka Silver74insocal) why he wasn't driving his car. He said he needed to yadi yadi yadi yadi yadi; to which I responded "Damn Dave. What is it going to take to get you off your ass? Do I need to post something and ridicule you? To my surprise he said yes or possibly a flogging would work. To that end; (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) Dave, get off your ass and get to work on your car. It ain't going to fix itself. That being said I thought to myself I'll bet there a several people here that would like to post their names here for public motivational intoxication. Or, perhaps you know of someone who needs that little push in order to get the ball rolling again. Well this is the place and I'm confident that these people will thank you for your concern and support, albeit in this form. Nothing below the belt and let's keep it constructive. Oh, one other thing. If you call someone out you must be willing to assist this person in their quest in some fashion or another. If you have any words for Dave or have a special someone that you know would appreciate your intervention on their behalf, then post away.

Quote: "Oh, one other thing. If you call someone out you must be willing to assist this person in their quest in some fashion or another".

Batter up! You're first in line. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)

+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post Nov 6 2011, 10:18 PM
Post #19

PMB Performance

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,110
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Awe $hit...
+Quote Post
wingnut86
post Nov 6 2011, 10:23 PM
Post #20

...boola la boo boola boo...

Member No.: 11,645
Region Association: South East States

Ah Hah!

One of the major 914-crack purveyors sneaks in (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Waaasup Eric (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)
+Quote Post

6 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:29 PM