Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Slackers Thread, or a new motivational approach - Public Ridicule
silver74insocal
post Nov 14 2011, 11:37 PM
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,073
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(phatnine11 @ Nov 14 2011, 09:20 PM) *

Dave,
You should have called me! Are we taking your car on Saturday?
Later,
Cesar

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) exactly what i was thinking the entire time i was on the creeper...oh and cursing Kent out (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) jk
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
silver74insocal
post Nov 14 2011, 11:50 PM
Post #42

Member No.: 11,073

QUOTE('73-914kid @ Nov 14 2011, 09:14 PM) *

Damn..that sucks... Mine was the same way when I bought it, and I didn't find any RTV in the sump luckily.

Let me know if you need a hand with Anything Dave

thanks i will check the sump Ethan. hopefully its all over and i will be forced to dump a bunch of money on new engine parts (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) i ride in your car with the extra ponies would be nice...oh and if you could hook me up with some college girls..wait, did i say that out loud?!
Dave
+Quote Post
'73-914kid
post Nov 14 2011, 11:58 PM
Post #43

Member No.: 9,714

Just drain the oil and look for orange RTV. I'd love to give you a ride Dave, it's definetely a lot of fun to drive.

Either way, I say drive it till it blows up.. haha
If you guys can convince the Kent to move the dawn patrol run till the 26th, You are welcome to ride with me through Ortega.
-Ethan
+Quote Post
76-914
post Nov 15 2011, 10:05 AM
Post #44

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964

QUOTE(silver74insocal @ Nov 14 2011, 09:37 PM) *

QUOTE(phatnine11 @ Nov 14 2011, 09:20 PM) *

Dave,
You should have called me! Are we taking your car on Saturday?
Later,
Cesar

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) exactly what i was thinking the entire time i was on the creeper...oh and cursing Kent out (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) jk

It appears that this thread is having it's intended effect (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif)
+Quote Post
76-914
post May 17 2013, 07:28 AM
Post #45

I'm calling out myself. After starting this thread a while back I find that I must add my name to this list. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) I haven't worked on Blackie in a while, now. It sits in the garage along side the Subaru awaiting it's transplant and gathering dust all the while. To compound matters my wife has placed all of her jewelry stock in the garage whilst company is here. (It was necessary to free up one of the bedrooms.) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) I hate losing momentum. I never get anything done if I don't work on it (even if in my head)a little bit everyday. Makes me want to roll a grenade in my own garage sometimes. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) Hopefully I will get back on it next week after the family is gone. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
+Quote Post
r_towle
post May 17 2013, 12:03 PM
Post #46

Custom Member

Member No.: 124
Region Association: North East States

It took me two years to respond to the thread...and no my car still is not done.

rich
+Quote Post
eric9144
post May 17 2013, 02:09 PM
Post #47

Advanced Member

Member No.: 12,876

Yeah well, still haven't gotten to my brakes... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

But then again...Riquemar is still 'almost' done with his GT (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)

We close escrow on the new house next week so hopefully now that I'll have some real man space I can get to it!
+Quote Post
Chris H.
post May 18 2013, 09:23 AM
Post #48

Member No.: 73
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Me too. Lots of commitments recently and also I just need to update the thread. I'm going back out there today to do some damage.
+Quote Post
r_towle
post May 18 2013, 11:15 AM
Post #49

Custom Member

QUOTE(eric9144 @ May 17 2013, 04:09 PM) *

Yeah well, still haven't gotten to my brakes... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

But then again...Riquemar is still 'almost' done with his GT (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)

We close escrow on the new house next week so hopefully now that I'll have some real man space I can get to it!

After your newly created honey do list that you don't even know about.
All you know are the obvious things.....she has a much longer list yet to be revealed.

From one who knows....the list starts to materialize as you are walking out the door to work on the car.
+Quote Post
PanelBilly
post May 18 2013, 05:23 PM
Post #50

914 Guru

Member No.: 6,488
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

We do what we intend to do. I guess I haven't really wanted to get more done on my car or I would have found the time. Today is full up, but tomorrow I'm going to get the ash tray and glove box done.
+Quote Post
oldschool
post May 19 2013, 11:13 AM
Post #51

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9,705

Me 3 need to make a decision to put the 1.7 back in the red car and sell it, Or sell it with the motor off and let the owner clean it up first. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
raw1298
post May 19 2013, 01:35 PM
Post #52

Member No.: 10,148
Region Association: Northern California

Well it's been almost a year since I made progress on the car. Today I started fitting the rear glass bumper and fixed the starter issue. I made a promise to drive her this summer or sell it. Threatening myself works sometimes.
+Quote Post
76-914
post Feb 23 2014, 11:48 AM
Post #53

I had to drag this back up. It's been 9 month's since we last revisited this. Enough time for a human being to develop from a single cell into a miraculous being. And probably enough time to put a good sized dent into your 914 workload. But have you? I know ChrisH is still working on his project (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) when he feels like it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) And Sir Andy's Limo project might rust away with age before another hand touch's it again. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) Rich, are you still on jack stands? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) And then there is Dave (silversocal IIRC)who is using parenthood as his excuse. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) And I'd love to see Jim Kelly's relic run before we all get old and die. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hide.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stirthepot.gif)
+Quote Post
eric9144
post Feb 24 2014, 12:46 PM
Post #54

Advanced Member

Member No.: 12,876

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/hide.gif)

Haven't done squat on my brake swap (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

But I did just buy a new welding machine (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif) it'll probably just sit there and not get used... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif)
+Quote Post
'73-914kid
post Feb 24 2014, 01:46 PM
Post #55

Member No.: 9,714

While ya'll were slackin, I got painted my car, and did a 6 conversion.. All while working and going to school... come on people.. get to it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
+Quote Post
r_towle
post May 21 2014, 04:08 PM
Post #56

Custom Member

QUOTE(76-914 @ Feb 23 2014, 01:48 PM) *

I had to drag this back up. It's been 9 month's since we last revisited this. Enough time for a human being to develop from a single cell into a miraculous being. And probably enough time to put a good sized dent into your 914 workload. But have you? I know ChrisH is still working on his project (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) when he feels like it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) And Sir Andy's Limo project might rust away with age before another hand touch's it again. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) Rich, are you still on jack stands? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) And then there is Dave (silversocal IIRC)who is using parenthood as his excuse. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) And I'd love to see Jim Kelly's relic run before we all get old and die. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hide.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stirthepot.gif)

Might get to it this summer....

Rich
+Quote Post
Tilly74
post May 21 2014, 08:43 PM
Post #57

Member No.: 14,522
Region Association: None

My name is Blake. I'm a chronic procrastinator and submit my name for public harassment.
Attached Image
+Quote Post
ben*james
post May 21 2014, 09:24 PM
Post #58

LIFER

Member No.: 10,062

QUOTE(Tilly74 @ May 21 2014, 07:43 PM) *

My name is Blake. I'm a chronic procrastinator and submit my name for public harassment.
Attached Image

Blake....get that shit off the top of your car. You disgust me, you are pathetic. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/evilgrin.gif)
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

Ok, seriously, we are in the same boat. I've got tons to do as well. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sawzall-smiley.gif)

Let's motivate each other. I'll buy you a beverage if you make progress on your car this week. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)

Cheers,
+Quote Post
76-914
post May 22 2014, 08:39 AM
Post #59

How about the two of yous just do 1 thing this week on your 914 and post it here by Sunday. One little thing! That's all it takes to get back into your project. The challenge has been issued. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stirthepot.gif)
+Quote Post
ben*james
post May 22 2014, 08:50 AM
Post #60

LIFER

Member No.: 10,062

QUOTE(76-914 @ May 22 2014, 07:39 AM) *

How about the two of yous just do 1 thing this week on your 914 and post it here by Sunday. One little thing! That's all it takes to get back into your project. The challenge has been issued. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stirthepot.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif)

I'm on it.

Usually I'd just buy something from the parts department of the world, store it in my ever growing pile of stuff and call it good. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

Not this week though. This week, I'm going to clean up the speaker wire hanging out from under the dash and remove old and useless speakers.
+Quote Post

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:33 AM