Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914 photo object, dude, whatitiz?
BKLA
post Nov 11 2011, 05:26 PM
Post #21

Really old member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,590
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(Vysoc @ Nov 10 2011, 11:19 AM) *

... some smart ass yelled to me "Get a real Porsche". I ignored the buttwipe and thought to myself, I just had two laps on Road Atlanta with the top off and you are walking up a hill, "kiss my ass" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/KMA.gif)
You know what I mean.

914's Rock (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

Vysoc (IMG:style_emoticons/default/flag.gif)

The guy probably wouldn't know a "real" porsche (ie: the original beetle) if it ran is ass over... twice! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
raw1298
post Nov 15 2011, 08:24 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 10,148
Region Association: Northern California

I was having kitchen cabinets delivered yesterday and the girl making the delivery kept looking at my car. She finally said "that looks like a cool project, what is it?" When I told her it was a Porsche she staired with a puzzled look, like I was joking around with her. She was probably all of 26 so I guess she has never seen one.
+Quote Post
Kraftwerk
post Nov 16 2011, 10:24 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 8,085

My 914 gets way more positive attention than any other vehicle I have ever owned. You wouldn't believe it. Well actually you would, since you ALL have 914's.
Though, lets admit it: Eric is totally winning this with his Ford Model T or is that an A?
+Quote Post
JMKnight
post Nov 16 2011, 10:30 AM
Post #24

Aces & Eights

Member No.: 11,188
Region Association: Upper MidWest

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) I don't know, as I drove around Michiana this Summer I got a lot of comments from people concerning the 914. Most of them knew exactly what the car was. Even a few really young ones. I guess I can blame Need for Speed, Porsche Unleashed for their knowledge. Some even HAD a 6'er at one time, BUT they all wished that they had kept it!
+Quote Post
JTarver
post Nov 16 2011, 11:54 AM
Post #25

Medium pimpin

Member No.: 11,559
Region Association: South East States

Well here in Arkansas, you never see 914's around, unless I go by JT's house over near where I live. Aside from that, you just don't see them.
I get all kinds of positive attention whenever I drive mine, which is often.
I was at a Colton's Steakhouse not too long ago with the top off, and outside waiting on a bench waiting for our table, when these two high school kids came up admiring the car, and one was feverishly taking pics of it. I made some comment to him and we started talking about the car.
He loved it and had been wanting one for some time. Obviously, I told him to come to the 914 site, and pick one up for a good deal.

It would be nice to have another teener around town to run into occasionally.

Just another reason I love my little car the way I do. Even when she misbehaves. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

Joe
+Quote Post
Speedster Mike
post Nov 16 2011, 01:12 PM
Post #26

Speedster Mike

Member No.: 10,113
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(chandler1969 @ Nov 7 2011, 06:47 AM) *

Myself and a couple of friends went for a nice Sunday drive down some country roads. Heading out from Lexington we got alot of people rubber necking, honking and thumbs up. It was a perfect day for a drive.

Here are the cars (not the greatest pic) 73 2.1, 74 2.0 and 75 2.0:

Chandler,
I'm just down the road a bit in Louisville! ....I only know of a couple 914s around here! You rarely ever see one out though. I just got the motor back in mine and I try to drive it every week end if the weather permits. Let me know if you and your buddys ever come this way or vise versa!

Mike

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th June 2024 - 09:09 AM