Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> How long will the trani hold with 350 tq?, Brad, or whomever else would know...
Andyrew
post Aug 5 2004, 11:56 AM
Post #1

Spooling.... Please wait

Group: Members
Member No.: 172
Region Association: Northern California

Aight, so Im guessing that my 350 will make somewhere in the neighborhood of 350 tq... Now Im fine with less than that.. and Im fine with more than that... But I'll be tuning it to get less (how persay would I do that?)...

But my main question is that, I plan on taking my car to a dyno in 2 weeks or so. Would that 350tq destroy my trani instantly? Or how long would it take? I know the rule of 300 hp and 300 tq... Keep in mind that my trani is no new, its got some miles. I also have a spare trani, and another one avalible to me.

I know that impact is what kills the trani, and I have a cam that suposedly puts the power in the 2.5k-5.5k range.. (this is so that if i stomp on the gas, it wont blow the trani up...) Which should help the initial impact be less.. when the dyno guy stomps on the gas in 4th gear or so..

Thanks, more questions later...

Andrew
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th May 2024 - 07:20 AM