Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Charity and Business, My Thoughts
Howard
post Aug 6 2004, 12:05 AM
Post #1

Incontin(g)ent Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 943
Region Association: None

I believe we should dedicate WCC 2005 to a worthwhile charity for a number of reasons.

1] It will loosen sponsors' checkbooks
2] Since there is no 'club' as such to back us up, I want to be able to 'overcharge' participants and sponsors so we will have enough $$ to cover all costs
3] Excess would go to the chosen charity.
4] Entry fee and sponsors donations would be tax deductible.
5] More valuable items donated and could be raffled, creating yet another profit potential.
6] BS stuff, like car wash tips, would again go into the pot.

We need to raise at least $10,000 to cover costs. If we do get 100 entries, that's $15k and we can throw one hell of a party.

I've done this before putting on golf tournaments, and it's amazing how much money can be raised. When a vendor has some old crap sitting around, they can donate it and take tax credit for the full retail value. It's a win/win for all with really full goodie bags and lots of door prizes. My personal favorite is Special Olympics, but other ideas are welcome. You can go to any business in your neighborhood and get donations. The Hotel has already offered.

Thoughts??

And OT, it seems like the club's internal email program doesn't work as well as it should, with messages getting lost. Please use phone or 'real' email address.

Howard Dranow
800.622.1602 office
818.889.1414 home
818.889.0866 fax
info@thehowardagency.com
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 10:08 PM