Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Been looking for a black 914-6 3.2L super car, and look what I found instead.
Brad Roberts
post Aug 7 2004, 11:05 AM
Post #21

914 Freak!

Group: Members
Member No.: 8
Region Association: None

Anthony,

Did TonyH take care of you ?? Car looks awesome.. I wish I wuld have kept my black sc and my white sc.. I do miss them.

B
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Red-Beard
post Aug 7 2004, 11:14 AM
Post #22

"Ya canna change the laws of Physics"

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 288

I paid $10K for my 1982SC and I have $13-14K into it right now. But then, the interior is perfect, the paint is perfect and it does have a lot of the handling upgrades.

And it's (in)famous! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool_shades.gif)
+Quote Post
anthony
post Aug 7 2004, 12:00 PM
Post #23

2270 club

Member No.: 218

Brad, TonyH was awesome. He really took care of me and spent a lot of time with me going over every square inch of the car. I feel that I know the car really well now after spending the time with him.
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post Aug 7 2004, 12:05 PM
Post #24

914 Freak!

Member No.: 8

Yep. Tony rocks. Cool guy.

Glad everything went well.

B
+Quote Post
Elliot_Cannon
post Aug 7 2004, 12:31 PM
Post #25

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 480

I bought a 79 911sc about 7 years ago and love it. I am only the second owner. The first guy had it about 18 years. I also have a 73 914 2.2. I was going to look at the 76 914 that is on ebay now but the wife stopped me at 2 P cars. She just doesn't understand!
Your car looks awesome and I think you will be really happy with it.
Cheers, Elliot
+Quote Post
markb
post Aug 7 2004, 06:57 PM
Post #26

914less :(

Member No.: 180
Region Association: Central California

We picked up our 82SC Coupe about a year and a half ago for 15k. It took third at German Autofest last year in the Concours. There are deals to be had, and they are fun to drive. Not as much fun as the 914, but then what is. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
Air_Cooled_Nut
post Aug 8 2004, 11:09 AM
Post #27

914 Ronin - 914 owner who lost his 914club.com

Member No.: 584

WOW. Drop-dead gorgeous!

What makes the SC special?
+Quote Post
anthony
post Aug 8 2004, 09:05 PM
Post #28

2270 club

SC: nothing particular. The early 911, Carrera, later Carrera2/4, 993, etc. all have their own individual charm. The SCs have what is considered a bullet proof 3.0L engine that will go 200-300K miles although there will probably be an upper end refresh somewhere between 100-150K miles.

Personally I think mostly that they are the best bargains among the 911s if you can find a nice one that hasn't been thrashed.

Lots of people call the late Carrera 3.2 with the G50 transmission the best of the bunch but one as clean as I got would command a $7-10K premium over an equivalent SC. With $7-10K you could do a lot to an SC or just keep the money in your pocket. The Carreras are also heavier so the extra horsepower doesn't yield a much faster car. The 3.0L can also be tweeked quite a bit. Stock US hp is 185. If you have to do an upper end you could bump compression to European specs and achieve 204hp. SSIs headers and a free flow exhaust will free up 20hp. Of course all this hp costs $$$.
+Quote Post
Carl
post Aug 8 2004, 11:38 PM
Post #29

Ummm ... what?

Member No.: 163
Region Association: Northern California

Congratulations, Tony. That's a very pretty car and I'm sure you'll be happy with it. They're fine cars. Different than 914's for sure but great fun in their own right.

I had a '78 SC Targa for ~15 years and loved it except for a 2400 - 2600 rpm stumble that I could never solve, and that was after many hours of work by me and the $hop. It was just one of those annoyances that wouldn't go away.

Since the SC - Carrera series ran from 78 - 89, I wanted a one from the end of the run just prior to the style change. Also, this time I wanted a coupe with its stiffer body and quieter windows in addition to the newer motronic injection, G50 trans, hydraulic clutch and bigger brakes (although the SC brakes are GREAT).

A year ago last December I found this car, <50,000 miles and in excellent condition. Very few dings of any sort and it's never been hit. Since buying it I've done some tweaks and upgrades, It's an excellent car. As you mentioned though, it's a bit heavier than the SC's so the performance isn't much different but it is a nice handling, reliable car ... except for the CHT sensor that went out in San Luis Obispo last year, grrr...

On the basis of Bruce Anderson's figures I paid at the top end of the range but I'm not complaining. This is a car I'll have for a long time.

These are very solid cars with good performance and great versatility. It looks like you made a good buy.

Carl

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
anthony
post Aug 9 2004, 12:20 AM
Post #30

2270 club

Carl, I see that you love metallic blue cars! I love the wheels refinished old style like that. Beautiful car.

I took the SC to the GGR autocross today. It was great to get a better feeling for it and be able to push the limits in a safe environment.

The 914 though is way more fun to autocross.
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Aug 9 2004, 06:24 AM
Post #31

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

HEY!!! I hate to tell you this..... but someone put the engine in backwards..... and that particular body kit on a 914 is WAY over done. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

All kidding aside.. Nice car.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Aug 16 2004, 06:28 PM
Post #32

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87

Hey Anthony..........

wow, what a beauty !!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th May 2024 - 09:04 AM