Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Anyone ever see one of these before?
Rob-O
post Nov 17 2011, 11:43 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,419
Region Association: Southwest Region

Attached Image
So it was my birthday on Tuesday, wife rents a car for me. What kind of car you ask? A Lamborghini Gallardo. Rental isn't until next weekend, but in the meantime I go to the rental companies shop/museum. Museum looks like a personal collection of car stuff accumulated over some years. Some huge model boats in a museum setting that is part of the shop. Get over to where the cars are and what do I see? A model of a 914. This thing was huge, I'd estimate about 3 to 3.5 feet long. The targa doesn't look right, but the level of detail was really good, especially since it looked like everything was hand-made. I was particularly impressed by the Pedrinis. Fit and finish was a little lacking, interior was decent. Could've used a paint job. I couldn't open the cabinet the car was in, or I would've checked the hell hole for rust! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

It really needed some little jackstands under it too, just to give it that authentic look.

Anyhow, thought you guys would enjoy. Don't know if it's a one off or if it was madd produced at some point 'back in the day'.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 5)
Thestigz06
post Nov 17 2011, 11:46 PM
Post #2

Aspiring Jarhead

Member No.: 12,749
Region Association: Southern California

if im not mistaken(probably am) this was a piece of art by an austrian artist who fell in love with 914's.
+Quote Post
Rob-O
post Nov 17 2011, 11:47 PM
Post #3

Oh, forgot to mention two other things. First the company was www.dfwdriveyourdream.com. They have a whole bunch of exotics that they rent, including a Murcielago, an F430, a Ferrari 599, Audi R8, Maserati, etc.

The second mention was that some of the cars were in the building/shop, including the 599. The 599 was tore up pretty good. I didn't get the story, but I will when I'm there next week!
+Quote Post
Rob-O
post Nov 17 2011, 11:50 PM
Post #4

Could be an Austrian artist. The front turn signals were euro style. By the rears looked like the red signals under clear plastic like what you see on ricers nowadays.
+Quote Post
Thestigz06
post Nov 18 2011, 12:03 AM
Post #5

Aspiring Jarhead

Member No.: 12,749
Region Association: Southern California

FOUND IT!

http://www.dfwelitetoymuseum.com/more-spec...le-porsche-914/
+Quote Post
rjames
post Nov 18 2011, 06:09 PM
Post #6

I'm made of metal

Member No.: 4,467
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Fit and finish was a little lacking, interior was decent. Could've used a paint job.

Sound like a perfect replica of a 914 to me! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 10:49 AM