Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone ever see one of these before?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rob-O
Click to view attachment
So it was my birthday on Tuesday, wife rents a car for me. What kind of car you ask? A Lamborghini Gallardo. Rental isn't until next weekend, but in the meantime I go to the rental companies shop/museum. Museum looks like a personal collection of car stuff accumulated over some years. Some huge model boats in a museum setting that is part of the shop. Get over to where the cars are and what do I see? A model of a 914. This thing was huge, I'd estimate about 3 to 3.5 feet long. The targa doesn't look right, but the level of detail was really good, especially since it looked like everything was hand-made. I was particularly impressed by the Pedrinis. Fit and finish was a little lacking, interior was decent. Could've used a paint job. I couldn't open the cabinet the car was in, or I would've checked the hell hole for rust! biggrin.gif

It really needed some little jackstands under it too, just to give it that authentic look.

Anyhow, thought you guys would enjoy. Don't know if it's a one off or if it was madd produced at some point 'back in the day'.
Thestigz06
if im not mistaken(probably am) this was a piece of art by an austrian artist who fell in love with 914's.
Rob-O
Oh, forgot to mention two other things. First the company was www.dfwdriveyourdream.com. They have a whole bunch of exotics that they rent, including a Murcielago, an F430, a Ferrari 599, Audi R8, Maserati, etc.

The second mention was that some of the cars were in the building/shop, including the 599. The 599 was tore up pretty good. I didn't get the story, but I will when I'm there next week!
Rob-O
Could be an Austrian artist. The front turn signals were euro style. By the rears looked like the red signals under clear plastic like what you see on ricers nowadays.
Thestigz06
FOUND IT!

http://www.dfwelitetoymuseum.com/more-spec...le-porsche-914/
rjames
Fit and finish was a little lacking, interior was decent. Could've used a paint job.

Sound like a perfect replica of a 914 to me! lol-2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.