Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What to check??
spare time toys
post Aug 9 2004, 09:27 AM
Post #1

hooked on grilling food.

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,884
Region Association: Southwest Region

OK so Im holding off on the engine conversion due to lack of funds for now. So I have this 1.7 carbed eng that came with the car. It has not ran in who knows how long but I can still spin it over. what all should I look at on this and how far should I take it down? On the half shafts I need to find the dowl pins that go on the axel flange and those cresant shaped shims for under the bolt heads. Im going to drill the bolt heads and safety them. My goal is to make the WCC05. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Joe Ricard
post Aug 9 2004, 11:24 AM
Post #2

CUMONIWANNARACEU

Group: Members
Member No.: 92

1st you exercise control because you don't want the "while I'm in there" bug to bite. But I would peak in the spark plug holes of the tin. See what kind of stuff has accumulated. Once you discover tons of crap, drop the motor and remove the tin. clean the oil and gunk and replace some seals and gaskets. Great time to adjust the valves. Stick the motor back in there drive the car!

or get totally carried away and risk a project that will last for years and keep you from enjoying all the wonderful people who gather all over the place.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th May 2024 - 05:02 AM