Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What to check??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spare time toys
OK so Im holding off on the engine conversion due to lack of funds for now. So I have this 1.7 carbed eng that came with the car. It has not ran in who knows how long but I can still spin it over. what all should I look at on this and how far should I take it down? On the half shafts I need to find the dowl pins that go on the axel flange and those cresant shaped shims for under the bolt heads. Im going to drill the bolt heads and safety them. My goal is to make the WCC05. mueba.gif
Joe Ricard
1st you exercise control because you don't want the "while I'm in there" bug to bite. But I would peak in the spark plug holes of the tin. See what kind of stuff has accumulated. Once you discover tons of crap, drop the motor and remove the tin. clean the oil and gunk and replace some seals and gaskets. Great time to adjust the valves. Stick the motor back in there drive the car!

or get totally carried away and risk a project that will last for years and keep you from enjoying all the wonderful people who gather all over the place.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.