Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914 number 914, up and running after 2 years sitting
rgmrgm
post Dec 2 2011, 06:19 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,782
Region Association: None

couple of years ago i bought a 71 914 at an auction, ran badly, missing and sputtering, and leaked all over,so i let it sit. recently i decided that i would go through the engine but when i put it up on stands to try to locate the leaks i found that the leak was transmission oil. the small inspection plate on the back of the trans was leaking. one of the bolts was stripped i tried a slightly larger sae bolt and it snugged up nicely. (welded a nut onto a 17mm headed bolt to remove the fill and drain plugs) refilled the trans now no leak. looking at the underside of the engine all of the push rod tubes looked new and everything else was clean so i cranked it up and sprayed fuel injection cleaner into the intake revs came up and it now runs great with no missing. i am figuring this bone stock car with no rust must have had some engine work done to be so clean on the underside. I am going to put it in the road next week fill it with clean fuel and give it an italian tune up. i also had to replace several pieces of fuel line that were cracked and leaking. last three numbers of the vin are 914 hows that for cool. maybe i wont have to tear down the engine. Oil light does no come on at all and it is a little hard starting when cold and i have to use my foot to keep it running until it warms up a bit. but it really seem to run well.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 02:31 AM