Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Spent some time going backwards today, Had an absolute ball
DNHunt
post Aug 14 2004, 09:53 PM
Post #1

914 Wizard? No way. I got too much to learn.

Group: Members
Member No.: 598

Did a local PCA driver's skill day today. Accident avoidance, skid pad, slalom, a large oval skid pad, short AX, and a much longer AX. it was definately the most fun I have had in my car on a single day (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif)

The skid pad was wet and over that crap the drag racers use for burn outs. Slicker than snot. After about the third try I was trying to spin the car to change directions (never pulled it off but I spun enough to get car sick).

The large oval was more of the same except we crossed the wet snot in 2nd at about 4 grand. Wish I'd had a rev limiter. I found out about valve float but I didn't leave any pieces behind.

The smaller AX I spun the car in a right hand sweeper in second hard on the throttle. I'm not gonna fear that anymore. Just a lot of smoke.

The highlight of the day was the second AX course. I heal and toed from 4th to third then to second for a hard left with a little trail braking. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) I couldn't do it again in a hundred tries but I pulled it off once. The instructor said "You're drivin the shit out of that little car". (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

Do one of these if you can

Next month back to the real world with the veteran AXers'

Feelin pretty good for now (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/monkeydance.gif)

Dave
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
red914
post Aug 14 2004, 10:19 PM
Post #2

...i believe in coyotes and time as an abstract...

Member No.: 1,641

Dave, you make it sound like a blast! i need to get my car sorted out so that i can do one of those courses. too bad you were driving and not taking pictures!
+Quote Post
seanery
post Aug 14 2004, 10:40 PM
Post #3

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100
Region Association: None

"You're drivin the shit out of that little car".

WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!
Those are my favorite comments to hear about 914s and their drivers! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
+Quote Post
dinomium
post Aug 15 2004, 02:42 AM
Post #4

Git on a chair son, all the good stuff is goin over yer head!

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 74
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

IF you zoom in you can see the tire and track spray on Dave's fender!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Eddie914
post Aug 15 2004, 10:50 AM
Post #5

Unregistered

Wow!

Sounds like a great day to learn car control.

Wish I could have come by the track. We were in the process of repairing a pulled exhaust header on the 2.7 in the 914. We used a TimeSert. I hope it holds.

Glad you had a great day.

Eddie
(IMG:http://www.e28gruppe.com/mediac/400_0/media/DIR_26/DIR_30671/Ed-2~$232~062.jpg)
+Quote Post
LS6/914
post Aug 15 2004, 12:06 PM
Post #6

Never leaves the shop member

Member No.: 1,215
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Dave, The skills day was a blast. You had your silver bullet flying! I finally came to trust that the 550 likes LOTS of throttle (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) Anyone going to Pacific Raceway for fridays event?
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th May 2024 - 05:28 PM