Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spent some time going backwards today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DNHunt
Did a local PCA driver's skill day today. Accident avoidance, skid pad, slalom, a large oval skid pad, short AX, and a much longer AX. it was definately the most fun I have had in my car on a single day boldblue.gif

The skid pad was wet and over that crap the drag racers use for burn outs. Slicker than snot. After about the third try I was trying to spin the car to change directions (never pulled it off but I spun enough to get car sick).

The large oval was more of the same except we crossed the wet snot in 2nd at about 4 grand. Wish I'd had a rev limiter. I found out about valve float but I didn't leave any pieces behind.

The smaller AX I spun the car in a right hand sweeper in second hard on the throttle. I'm not gonna fear that anymore. Just a lot of smoke.

The highlight of the day was the second AX course. I heal and toed from 4th to third then to second for a hard left with a little trail braking. driving.gif I couldn't do it again in a hundred tries but I pulled it off once. The instructor said "You're drivin the shit out of that little car". smilie_pokal.gif

Do one of these if you can

Next month back to the real world with the veteran AXers'

Feelin pretty good for now mueba.gif monkeydance.gif

Dave
red914
Dave, you make it sound like a blast! i need to get my car sorted out so that i can do one of those courses. too bad you were driving and not taking pictures!
seanery
"You're drivin the shit out of that little car".

WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!
Those are my favorite comments to hear about 914s and their drivers! smilie_pokal.gif
dinomium
IF you zoom in you can see the tire and track spray on Dave's fender!
Eddie914
Wow!

Sounds like a great day to learn car control.

Wish I could have come by the track. We were in the process of repairing a pulled exhaust header on the 2.7 in the 914. We used a TimeSert. I hope it holds.

Glad you had a great day.

Eddie
IPB Image
LS6/914
Dave, The skills day was a blast. You had your silver bullet flying! I finally came to trust that the 550 likes LOTS of throttle driving.gif Anyone going to Pacific Raceway for fridays event?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.