Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> It runs, Another back on the road
blaize
post Aug 15 2004, 09:16 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,866

Finally got my motor installed and running Saturday. Of course, true to form, it promptly sprang an oil leak at the valve cover. went to pep boys today and found a new set of gaskets, the fel-pro grey ones. looks like it is thinner than the cork. what kind of luck have you guys been having with these. and should I be using a sealant. I have heard reputable sources argue every side of this debate (sealant vs none) and just wondered whare we all stand.

feel kind of silly really, I spent the last 9 months rebuilding this thing at a snails pace (no money) and being very carfull to get all the common oil leak hot spots well seen to. and ten min. after starting it I am back lying on my side trying to reach under there (and not cook my arm on the exhaust(I now have a burn mark from the seam of the heater box that looks like I have been trying to slit my wrists)) to pry that damn clip on without the cover shifting. Funny, even with a new engine not much has changed.

On the bright side I now just need to bleed the brakes and find a new set of wheels and I am driving again:) I did a bmw caliper upgrade while the engine was out and the alum. wheels I currently have rub.

looks like there is a light at the end of the tunnel after all
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Gint
post Aug 15 2004, 09:21 PM
Post #2

Mike Ginter

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Congratulations! What's a few burns and scrapes among teener owners?
+Quote Post
ThinAir
post Aug 15 2004, 09:22 PM
Post #3

Best friends

Group: Members
Member No.: 231
Region Association: Southwest Region

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif) Congratulations! It's always so nice when you finally turn the key and it actually fires! It also motivates you to get the rest of it done so you can actually drive (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th May 2024 - 06:13 AM