Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It runs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
blaize
Finally got my motor installed and running Saturday. Of course, true to form, it promptly sprang an oil leak at the valve cover. went to pep boys today and found a new set of gaskets, the fel-pro grey ones. looks like it is thinner than the cork. what kind of luck have you guys been having with these. and should I be using a sealant. I have heard reputable sources argue every side of this debate (sealant vs none) and just wondered whare we all stand.

feel kind of silly really, I spent the last 9 months rebuilding this thing at a snails pace (no money) and being very carfull to get all the common oil leak hot spots well seen to. and ten min. after starting it I am back lying on my side trying to reach under there (and not cook my arm on the exhaust(I now have a burn mark from the seam of the heater box that looks like I have been trying to slit my wrists)) to pry that damn clip on without the cover shifting. Funny, even with a new engine not much has changed.

On the bright side I now just need to bleed the brakes and find a new set of wheels and I am driving again:) I did a bmw caliper upgrade while the engine was out and the alum. wheels I currently have rub.

looks like there is a light at the end of the tunnel after all
Gint
Congratulations! What's a few burns and scrapes among teener owners?
ThinAir
boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif Congratulations! It's always so nice when you finally turn the key and it actually fires! It also motivates you to get the rest of it done so you can actually drive biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.