Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
> 1971 914 1.7, For sale, needs rebuild or engine conversion to six
fadler1
post Dec 7 2011, 12:39 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,278

OK, after restoration years ago, I need to sell my always Calfornia, no rust, 1971 1.7 914. Canary Yellow. I took it to the shop after I could not get any gas and spent $1300 on a newer VW fuel pump system and accessories. Fuel fine now but the shop tells me I have very low compression in one side and the valve is not coming up indicating the need for a rebuild. Here is a the perfect 1971 original (even the fixed passenger seat with foot rest) for conversion to a six with a great body and good interior. Lots of pictures available. Pick up in San Diego or I will help you to ship it. This breaks my heart but I just don't have the time or drive to rebuild the engine. If you like doing Type 4's or always wanted to convert to a six a great car or even put another engine in it, here it is. I am not giving it away since I have parts strippers and body seekers bidding on the car. Contact me at fadler@genbio.com for pix and discussion. I have original window sticker, books, CofA, purchase contract, etc. I am the second owner. I also spent over $2 grand on it just a few months ago to replace the rear axles, starter, and flush the brakes.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 7)
OU8AVW
post Dec 7 2011, 01:02 PM
Post #2

Yacht Rigger

Member No.: 9,601
Region Association: Southwest Region

Looks like a nice car. Please note that forum rules require that you post a price. I'm semi-interested as I have a motor just waiting to pop in a sweet ride. Let us all know what you're thinking price wise.
+Quote Post
fadler1
post Dec 7 2011, 01:06 PM
Post #3

Sorry did not know. The shop has a European parts outfit coming in to give me a quote. It is in San Diego. Price required..................what can I get? I have receipts from last year pushing $4. Rollers seem to be all over the place. I will entertain any reasonable offer.
+Quote Post
fadler1
post Dec 7 2011, 01:14 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(fadler1 @ Dec 7 2011, 11:06 AM) *

Sorry did not know. The shop has a European parts outfit coming in to give me a quote. It is in San Diego. Price required..................what can I get? I have receipts from last year pushing $4. Rollers seem to be all over the place. I will entertain any reasonable offer.

By the way, just few months ago the rear end disconnected so needed new axles from donors and replaced starter and flushed the brakes. That was another $2 grand out.

+Quote Post
Gint
post Dec 7 2011, 07:09 PM
Post #5

Mike Ginter

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I'll move this to the correct forum. Good luck with the sale.
+Quote Post
OU8AVW
post Dec 8 2011, 11:36 AM
Post #6

Yacht Rigger

Member No.: 9,601
Region Association: Southwest Region

So you spent $4 on it? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
you should take a few shots of the problem areas, hell hole, suspension mounts ect. Sounds like the starting price is $4k? It looks like a great car....
+Quote Post
Kraftwerk
post Dec 8 2011, 09:25 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 8,085

You might want to get a second opinion on your engine troubles, looks like a super clean car.
+Quote Post
fadler1
post Dec 9 2011, 12:09 PM
Post #8

SOLD and I am already missing it.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 12:51 PM