Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1971 914 1.7
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
fadler1
OK, after restoration years ago, I need to sell my always Calfornia, no rust, 1971 1.7 914. Canary Yellow. I took it to the shop after I could not get any gas and spent $1300 on a newer VW fuel pump system and accessories. Fuel fine now but the shop tells me I have very low compression in one side and the valve is not coming up indicating the need for a rebuild. Here is a the perfect 1971 original (even the fixed passenger seat with foot rest) for conversion to a six with a great body and good interior. Lots of pictures available. Pick up in San Diego or I will help you to ship it. This breaks my heart but I just don't have the time or drive to rebuild the engine. If you like doing Type 4's or always wanted to convert to a six a great car or even put another engine in it, here it is. I am not giving it away since I have parts strippers and body seekers bidding on the car. Contact me at fadler@genbio.com for pix and discussion. I have original window sticker, books, CofA, purchase contract, etc. I am the second owner. I also spent over $2 grand on it just a few months ago to replace the rear axles, starter, and flush the brakes.
OU8AVW
Looks like a nice car. Please note that forum rules require that you post a price. I'm semi-interested as I have a motor just waiting to pop in a sweet ride. Let us all know what you're thinking price wise.
fadler1
Sorry did not know. The shop has a European parts outfit coming in to give me a quote. It is in San Diego. Price required..................what can I get? I have receipts from last year pushing $4. Rollers seem to be all over the place. I will entertain any reasonable offer.
fadler1
QUOTE(fadler1 @ Dec 7 2011, 11:06 AM) *

Sorry did not know. The shop has a European parts outfit coming in to give me a quote. It is in San Diego. Price required..................what can I get? I have receipts from last year pushing $4. Rollers seem to be all over the place. I will entertain any reasonable offer.

By the way, just few months ago the rear end disconnected so needed new axles from donors and replaced starter and flushed the brakes. That was another $2 grand out.

Gint
I'll move this to the correct forum. Good luck with the sale.
OU8AVW
So you spent $4 on it? biggrin.gif
you should take a few shots of the problem areas, hell hole, suspension mounts ect. Sounds like the starting price is $4k? It looks like a great car....
Kraftwerk
You might want to get a second opinion on your engine troubles, looks like a super clean car.
fadler1
SOLD and I am already missing it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.