Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Tuning dual Webers, Looking for input in the PNW
TC 914-8
post Dec 8 2011, 09:53 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,090
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I just found out my wifes coworker, The Dr Vet's husband, has a 75 2.0 with a dual Weber downdraft conversion. I stopped by last weekend to take a look. it has some minor electrical issues which I should be able to sort out fairly quick with proper diagnostics. Horn, lights etc..
One of his main concerns is mis firing and sputtering during acceleration. It is a fairly clean set up bought from a guy in Bremerton back in 2000. I forgot his name but should be active on this site.
so under slight acceleration, reving the engine it sputters around 2500 RPM. with no gauges or tools I noticed the F/A screws on the driverside carb were out different ratios. I gave them a slight adjustment and it seemed to help. I figure we need a air flow meter to put over each venturi and dial in each barrel evenly. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)
Being a V-8 guy I would slap on a vaccume gauge and adj from there.... I did not see any vacume ports so its all new to me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
How do you boys dial these babys in?
I was also under the impression a stock FI cam is not really compatible running carbs... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
Shoot me some ideas , once I get him running, I will have a new teener buddy in the neighborhood to tool around with since you Teener Tuesday boys are afraid of coming accross on the ferry (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 12:40 AM