Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT: DisneyWorld and Epcot advice??, might be going 2nd week of Sept :)
Mueller
post Aug 18 2004, 09:11 PM
Post #1

914 Freak!

Group: Members
Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

Well, I think I've talked the wife out of going to Panama for our 6th wedding anniversay trip (not too keen on getting my white @ss kidnapped, LOL) and we think we have it narrowed down to going to DisneyWorld and the Epcot Center instead.

Any advice?

Does it really take a few days to see both places?

Any nice resturants in Orlando to take the wife for our ann. dinner?
(Sept 12th if anyone cares)

thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
GWN7
post Aug 18 2004, 09:17 PM
Post #2

King of Road Trips

Member No.: 56
Region Association: Northstar Region

Race Rock...it's on the strip.....whole chicken leg in the chicken soup......very not romantic (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
kc4ixi
post Aug 18 2004, 09:58 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,276

Disney ROCKS! We are going the first weekend in September. It can easily take a few days to see the parks. At least a full day in each and depending on what you like to do and how much you really want to see, it can take more time than that. There are four separate parks now and all of them have something great to offer. My family really enjoys going there on vacation and we try to go as often as possible. We haven't been able to go for about 2 years and we are all really looking forward to the trip. Hope you have a great time! I just wish I could take the teener! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Pnambic
post Aug 18 2004, 10:02 PM
Post #4

Honk if you like obscene gestures!

Member No.: 546
Region Association: South East States

There are now 4 separate parks, not counting the 2 waterparks and other things like Cirque du Solei, Pleasure Island, etc. The amount of time you need depends on how much you want to see. And of course, how quickly you want to see it. Some people like to relax and take their time. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) Others are on a mission or something to see everything as fast as possible. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)

As long as you can avoid the hurricanes, you should have a good time regardless though. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) can chime in with restaurant suggestions. Most of the resorts at Disney also have nice restaurants.
+Quote Post
jr91472
post Aug 18 2004, 10:39 PM
Post #5

"I'm pacing myself sergeant..."

Member No.: 2,437

If you're taking kids, yea a couple of days will be minimum. Go see MGM and Animal Kingdom while you're there. My kids loved Animal Kingdom and we loved the Rock-n-Rolling rollercoaster at MGM.

enjoy
+Quote Post
richardL
post Aug 18 2004, 10:48 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 201

There is an 'official' guide by a guy called Steve Birnbaum (I think). Get the book and spend a little time to read it - it will really help in figuring out whats cool to see and also the best sequence. It can make a tremendous difference when you go to get on certain rides - if you are clever you can avoid most of the long lines through timing and the use of the 'fast pass' facility.

Richard
+Quote Post
gregrobbins
post Aug 18 2004, 10:54 PM
Post #7

Member: Team NARP

Member No.: 1,844
Region Association: Southwest Region

By all means, do Disney. And plan multiple days. Animal Kindom and MGM were my favorites. Wife and grandkids like Magic kingdon so we spend two days there--still did not do all the rides. Never made it to Epcot and I hear it is best. Disney employees said the restaurants at Epcot are superior. One told me she worked at Epcot for 8 years and never once hear a complaint about the food.

While in the area have dinner at Fish Bones in Orlando. Great food! We thought Sea World was good too. Also a day at St. Augistine would be worth while.

Come to think of it, maybe you need two weeks.
+Quote Post
soloracer
post Aug 18 2004, 11:04 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 538

Sure, you won't get kidnapped but a hurricane could blow in and leave the two of you stranded to your hotel room on your anniversary. With no power you two lovebirds would have to spend the entire holiday in bed..............on second thought....Florida it is!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Aug 18 2004, 11:09 PM
Post #9

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87

If you're taking kids, yea a couple of days will be minimum

no kids yet......we're working on it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)
+Quote Post
cooltimes
post Aug 19 2004, 12:22 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,081

You'll love it. Stay at a Disney resort. Expensive but tram lets you out almost in your bedroom. More time to enjoy the anniversary.
Food. Some places on Disney property are world class. I like to eat beyond the Disney area in Kissimee and Orlando. I like good Mexican food but can't recommend any place since I haven't been anywhere this century. There is a small Italian place there in Kissimee named Jessahepi or however you spell the name. Sounds like that. Very good and I don't say that often. Priced right. Wear clothes is all they require.
Take the BeeLine over to Cape Kennedy. Hope you can see a liftoff but if not visit the museum and paint numerals 914 on the space shuttle. If you get caught, they will know you are crazy if you mention you know of me.
One other thing. Take some rain protection. Showers pop up frequently.
Happy 6th.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Cooley
+Quote Post
Curvie Roadlover
post Aug 19 2004, 04:05 AM
Post #11

Two trunks are better than one!

Member No.: 42

Plan to have a meal at the "Living Seas" restaurant in Epcot. You'll need reservations. Definately worth the effort!!
+Quote Post
carr914
post Aug 19 2004, 04:29 AM
Post #12

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 1,623
Region Association: South East States

Yo might want to also try Universal Studio's Islands of Adventure. Some of the best rides anywhere. For a restaurant try Vito's Chophouse on International Drive. Great steaks, nice atmisphere and not touristy even though it's in the middle of the most tourist oriented street there is.
T.C.
+Quote Post
dflesburg
post Aug 19 2004, 06:12 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 1,896

Check out this web site before you go...

It is very very useful.

http://allearsnet.com/
+Quote Post
Qarl
post Aug 19 2004, 06:28 AM
Post #14

Shriveled member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 271

1., Defiinitely one day per park You can also get a multi-park "park hopper" pass that will allow you to go to any of the parts for X days....

2. Stay at a Disney Hotel. They are top notch. Swan, Dolphin, Grand Floridian, or the lodge at the Animal Kingdon (probably the neatest).

3. How fancy do you want to go for dinner? There is a really fancy, and expensive restaurant on top of the tallest building in downtown Orlando. Manuel's on the 28th... A super neat experience... five star. http://manuelsonthe28th.orlandofanatic.com/

Universal Studios Portofino Hotel is also very awesome with incredible restaurants...

4. No, i won't take you to the parks... I hate the parks... it is full of touritsts.... like yourself!
+Quote Post
joea9146
post Aug 19 2004, 06:29 AM
Post #15

Member No.: 283

If you are looking for a romantic Anniversary dinner place. Do dinner at the Top of the Disneys Contemporary Resort. Some great views from the top call a head an make reservations now...
Find out wat day and time the fireworks hapeen I believe you can watch them while having dinner.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/dinin...GrillDiningPage
+Quote Post
dflesburg
post Aug 19 2004, 09:53 AM
Post #16

Member No.: 1,896

If you are looking for a Dinner Spot sans kids...

Try King Stephan's in the castle of the Magic Kingdom... Chicks love that! (even wife chicks)
+Quote Post
Allan
post Aug 19 2004, 10:03 AM
Post #17

Teenerless Weenie

Member No.: 2,304
Region Association: Southern California

Went there with my son in Sept/Oct of 1990. Great place to spend a few days. My biggest memory was that it rained every day at approx. 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. for about an hour or so and the humidity was intense so being from California we were not ready for it. But it's definitly a hoot! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif)
+Quote Post
Hi_Fi_Guy
post Aug 19 2004, 06:33 PM
Post #18

Tuetonic terror

Member No.: 1,019

Get reservations for the wife at Cinderella's Castle. Yes, the restaraunt is hidden Inside the upper part of the castle. Very exclusive (for Disney) and a bit pricey ($100+ for two) but she will feel like a princess and the service is great... food better than average. If you work it our right you will be done with dinner just in time to walk out and see Tinkerbell "Fly" from the top of the castle to start the evenings fireworks.

Another good spot is Mexico, China, UK, or France at Epcot's World Showcase. Again, for the good places you will need to make your reservations at least a day or two in advance... perhaps when you book the trip. You will see the best fireworks you have ever seen at Epcot's World Showcase.

You will need a minimum of three days. One day for Disney, and two days for Epcot Center (1 for Epcot proper and 1 for World Showcase).

DO NOT wait in line for the TEST RUN ride at Epcot. go to the SINGLE RIDERS line and get on in 5 mins. or less. It will make no difference if you and your wife ride seperate cars. The ride is cool, but only last about 60-90 seconds and is not worth the 2-3 hour waits in line.

If you decide to do MGM Studios or Animal Kingdom allow an extra day for each park. The Tower of Terror at MGM is incredible as is the Aerosmith Rockin' Rollercoaster. Animal Kingdon is very cool and wil get you bonus points with the wife if she is into animals.

Also, remember if you stay in one of the Disney hotels you get into the parks early and you get free transportation between the parks, your hotel, and to downtown disney & pleasure island where there are lots of shops, food, and nightclubs. You also get a discount on the park-hopper tickets.

You don't have to stay at the most expensive disney hotels either. We have stayed at the Corronado & the Port Orleans with excellent results. Clean rooms, good on site food, amazing pools, etc. all for about the price of a Hilton or Marriot. At less than $100/night it seems like a real bargain for all you get plus you get to stay in your vacation zone the entire time not messing with driving between parks, parking, etc.

Best of luck, have a great time!
+Quote Post
URY914
post Aug 19 2004, 07:13 PM
Post #19

I built the lightest 914 in the history of mankind.
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 222

I'll be happy to show you around for some needle bearings (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Paul
+Quote Post
SpecialK
post Aug 19 2004, 07:16 PM
Post #20

aircraft surgeon

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,797

Don't forget to brush up on your Spanish (Or whatever language Cuban's and Puerto Rican's speak (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) ). We were at Epcot about 5 years ago, felt like I should've been carrying my passport. Actually had to look whenever I heard someone speaking English, definitely a neat place though!

Seaworld is worth a look too!
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th May 2024 - 04:52 PM