Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Naming My Car, Choices
bulitt
post Dec 16 2011, 01:59 AM
Post #1

Achtzylinder

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,632
Region Association: South East States

I see some owners like to name their cars. I think I could call mine "Nelson" or "Kevin" or related to the nuances of the machine "Tetanus" or "Gusher". Anemic would work also.

I went to buy a quart of primer the other day and they want you to be EPA rule something or other certified, unless you paint no more than 2 vehicles a year, on and on, the bodyshop needs the work with deer season ending. - I'm all for protecting the environment, I recycle, take my fluorescent bulbs to the collection site etc.. My car needs to be arrested and locked up, oil in the top and out the bottom. I notice no one tailgates me, probably cause they no longer can see out their windshield.

Remember reading about the SR-71 Blackbird which got so hot at speed all the parts would expand. So they designed it for all the parts to be loose fitting until they heated up, then they closed up nicely. Fuel used to pour out of the fittings when cold. So I should run my car up to redline for a while and see if all the oil stops leaking out?

Imagine this car on worlds dumbest criminals...Police apprehended the suspect by following the trail of oil to his residence. He was arrested on several counts. The car in question - "Kevin" has been impounded as evidence but when officers went to retrieve the vehicle all that remained was rust. Does the EPA have wheel clamps?

I was grinding on the car the other day, the bad news -I smelt something burning, the good news- I really don't have that much hair to burn anyways. Now I know how Michael Jackson felt. Can you grind a wheel clamp off a car?

Did these cars come with inner fenders? Or did mine completely rust away? When you stick your head in the rear well and look forward you can see all the way to Germany, I bought a new Toyota in 1973 and it even had inner fenders? Where did they imagine the rain would go? Was it done for weight savings? How much weight can you save when two hundred pounds of snow and ice are frozen in your inner wells? Do they salt the roads in Europe?

Do I need to put OT in front of this thread? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/santa_smiley.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 10:50 AM