Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Naming My Car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bulitt
I see some owners like to name their cars. I think I could call mine "Nelson" or "Kevin" or related to the nuances of the machine "Tetanus" or "Gusher". Anemic would work also.

I went to buy a quart of primer the other day and they want you to be EPA rule something or other certified, unless you paint no more than 2 vehicles a year, on and on, the bodyshop needs the work with deer season ending. - I'm all for protecting the environment, I recycle, take my fluorescent bulbs to the collection site etc.. My car needs to be arrested and locked up, oil in the top and out the bottom. I notice no one tailgates me, probably cause they no longer can see out their windshield.

Remember reading about the SR-71 Blackbird which got so hot at speed all the parts would expand. So they designed it for all the parts to be loose fitting until they heated up, then they closed up nicely. Fuel used to pour out of the fittings when cold. So I should run my car up to redline for a while and see if all the oil stops leaking out?

Imagine this car on worlds dumbest criminals...Police apprehended the suspect by following the trail of oil to his residence. He was arrested on several counts. The car in question - "Kevin" has been impounded as evidence but when officers went to retrieve the vehicle all that remained was rust. Does the EPA have wheel clamps?

I was grinding on the car the other day, the bad news -I smelt something burning, the good news- I really don't have that much hair to burn anyways. Now I know how Michael Jackson felt. Can you grind a wheel clamp off a car?

Did these cars come with inner fenders? Or did mine completely rust away? When you stick your head in the rear well and look forward you can see all the way to Germany, I bought a new Toyota in 1973 and it even had inner fenders? Where did they imagine the rain would go? Was it done for weight savings? How much weight can you save when two hundred pounds of snow and ice are frozen in your inner wells? Do they salt the roads in Europe?

Do I need to put OT in front of this thread? santa_smiley.gif
Cairo94507
You should cut back on the coffee.... confused24.gif
bulitt
Wife snoring in my ear... yellowsleep[1].gif
Drums66
.....Earl, for all the oil it drops poke.gif
bye1.gif shades.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Dec 16 2011, 05:01 AM) *

You should cut back on the coffee.... confused24.gif

DE-CAF
RickS
No inner fenders on these babies. Be sure to remove your rockers annually to clean out the debris which accumulates by the jack plugs or you could end up with some bad rot/cancer/uglyness. Heard rumors of a company which once sold aftermarket liners, but never followed up on it - now I just hose the area thoroughly after wet days and then take off and really clean the crap out annually.

Regards to Kevin and condolences on the hair. And yeah, cut out the coffee or get back on the meds. wink.gif
windforfun
av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
somd914
QUOTE(windforfun @ Dec 17 2011, 09:40 PM) *

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif

agree.gif
Drums66
......Why can't the modern cats be this funny idea.gif
bye1.gif (pure humor)
scotty b
QUOTE(Drums66 @ Dec 18 2011, 02:19 PM) *

......Why can't the modern cats be this funny idea.gif
bye1.gif (pure humor)

It's all in the band
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.