Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New to 914 world, Introduction
montoya 73 2.0
post Dec 21 2011, 02:34 PM
Post #41

Lack of consideration to others, and Selfish!

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,016
Region Association: Central California

QUOTE(911 defector @ Dec 19 2011, 04:24 PM) *

QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Dec 18 2011, 02:44 PM) *

Welcome to the family. Would you be a driver or a wrencher?

I am probably more of a driver right now. I am pretty handy but I generally don't do the work on my daily drivers , and the 911 I bought last summer has been trouble free except for oil changes and such. Unfortunately most of my time is spent making money to pay the bills.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/birthday3.gif)

As you have already bought the "Donor" car (911) I would say you have started on the path to the dark side! We see 911's as donor cars (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sawzall-smiley.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif) . Some will say to keep it stock and others will say "it's yours, do with it what you like"!

Regardless, your doomed to a life of jackstands, an occasional smack across the back of the head from "Cap'n Krusty" and a few others (Ferg, Slits, etc.) for what can be construed as (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) questions! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chair.gif)

Put a refrigerator in your garage stocked with beer (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) and maybe a few Cherry Pepsi's just in case "JRust" decides to stop by, when he is buying up all the 914's in your area! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

Other than that (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif) We like alot of pictures! Even of the "Donor" car. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Your screwed, welcome to the madness!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
911 defector
post Dec 22 2011, 09:19 AM
Post #42

Member No.: 13,904
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Thanks for the words of encouragement, I will put up some pics of the "donor Car" ASAP. Let me look around for some. The car is in storage right now so I can't get any new ones. Jon
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Dec 21 2011, 02:34 PM) *

I am probably more of a driver right now. I am pretty handy but I generally don't do the work on my daily drivers , and the 911 I bought last summer has been trouble free except for oil changes and such. Unfortunately most of my time is spent making money to pay the bills.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/birthday3.gif)

As you have already bought the "Donor" car (911) I would say you have started on the path to the dark side! We see 911's as donor cars (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sawzall-smiley.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif) . Some will say to keep it stock and others will say "it's yours, do with it what you like"!

Regardless, your doomed to a life of jackstands, an occasional smack across the back of the head from "Cap'n Krusty" and a few others (Ferg, Slits, etc.) for what can be construed as (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) questions! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chair.gif)

Put a refrigerator in your garage stocked with beer (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) and maybe a few Cherry Pepsi's just in case "JRust" decides to stop by, when he is buying up all the 914's in your area! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

Other than that (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif) We like alot of pictures! Even of the "Donor" car. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Your screwed, welcome to the madness!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif)

+Quote Post
xsJerry
post Dec 22 2011, 10:14 AM
Post #43

Member No.: 13,822
Region Association: Northern California

Thanks for the tip about Brad Mayeur, I never heard of him until now. Though I'm not ready to get a 914 yet. I need to learn more about what I'm getting into and I also have to convince my wife that buying another sports car is a good idea! (not so easy)

The problem is that Buying a 40 year old sports car is never going to be a good idea. I only got permission to buy a 914 because of some aces I was holding in the negotiation process. I hope to bring home my first teenser next week.
+Quote Post
911 defector
post Dec 22 2011, 11:25 AM
Post #44

QUOTE(xsJerry @ Dec 22 2011, 10:14 AM) *

Thanks for the tip about Brad Mayeur, I never heard of him until now. Though I'm not ready to get a 914 yet. I need to learn more about what I'm getting into and I also have to convince my wife that buying another sports car is a good idea! (not so easy)

The problem is that Buying a 40 year old sports car is never going to be a good idea. I only got permission to buy a 914 because of some aces I was holding in the negotiation process. I hope to bring home my first teenser next week.

Congratulations!!! please post some pics when you can. Jon
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Dec 22 2011, 12:11 PM
Post #45

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348
Region Association: None

Brad is a very knowledgable and pretty well know source for 914's in your area, I'm sure he can help you down the path of the 914 addiction.

Welcome
+Quote Post
914werke
post Dec 22 2011, 05:42 PM
Post #46

"I got blisters on me fingers"

Member No.: 453
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I disagree with Marks desirability pecking order, its more like /6, LE's, 73 2.0L, 74 2.0L then 76 (only 2.0L's) then 73 1.7L after that .....

+Quote Post
911 defector
post Dec 22 2011, 06:00 PM
Post #47

Thanks for posting the manual, it will make for some interesting reading.

QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Dec 21 2011, 02:34 PM) *

+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 07:15 PM