Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> cold start, need help
underdog
post Dec 17 2011, 11:21 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,579
Region Association: None

I have a '75 914 1.8 . mods include big bore kit, 2 webers, heavy duty starter, new battery and upgrade fuel pump. Car runs great but I have to use starting fluid to start it. Once the engine is warm it will start on the first try. Any help will be appreciated.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 2)
TheCabinetmaker
post Dec 17 2011, 11:46 AM
Post #2

I drive my car everyday

Member No.: 666

Cold starts are one of the drawbacks to dual Webers. They usually are hard to start and hard to keep running when cold, but do start. I'm sure the carb guys will be along to help you out shortly.
+Quote Post
rgalla9146
post Dec 17 2011, 01:17 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,176
Region Association: None

QUOTE(vsg914 @ Dec 17 2011, 09:46 AM) *

Cold starts are one of the drawbacks to dual Webers. They usually are hard to start and hard to keep running when cold, but do start. I'm sure the carb guys will be along to help you out shortly.

If the engine is well tuned try this.
Push clutch pedal to floor to reduce drag. Pump gas pedal to floor three or four times, take foot away from gas pedal, start engine. If it starts and then dies, do it again but open the throttles just slightly, repeat.
Because there are no chokes you have to use the throttle butterflies as chokes after providing enough gas.
356 guys have lived with issue for centuries. With 6 volts. In Germany. In winter.
Outside....... - 15 c Brrrrrrrr.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2024 - 03:37 PM