Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: cold start
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
underdog
I have a '75 914 1.8 . mods include big bore kit, 2 webers, heavy duty starter, new battery and upgrade fuel pump. Car runs great but I have to use starting fluid to start it. Once the engine is warm it will start on the first try. Any help will be appreciated.
TheCabinetmaker
Cold starts are one of the drawbacks to dual Webers. They usually are hard to start and hard to keep running when cold, but do start. I'm sure the carb guys will be along to help you out shortly.
rgalla9146
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Dec 17 2011, 09:46 AM) *

Cold starts are one of the drawbacks to dual Webers. They usually are hard to start and hard to keep running when cold, but do start. I'm sure the carb guys will be along to help you out shortly.

If the engine is well tuned try this.
Push clutch pedal to floor to reduce drag. Pump gas pedal to floor three or four times, take foot away from gas pedal, start engine. If it starts and then dies, do it again but open the throttles just slightly, repeat.
Because there are no chokes you have to use the throttle butterflies as chokes after providing enough gas.
356 guys have lived with issue for centuries. With 6 volts. In Germany. In winter.
Outside....... - 15 c Brrrrrrrr.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.