Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

840 Pages V « < 598 599 600 601 602 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> what did you do to your 914 today
mitchdiego1
post Jul 19 2019, 11:04 AM
Post #11981

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,145
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(Beeliner @ Jul 18 2019, 03:17 PM) *

QUOTE(mitchdiego1 @ Jul 18 2019, 12:19 PM) *

Put in a electronic ignition and WOW!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

More information, please!!

1976 non cat. Replaced the original black coil (car died on a cruz) with a Bosch Blue coil and replaced the condenser and points with Pertronix Ignitor Electronic Ignition
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jett
post Jul 19 2019, 05:45 PM
Post #11982

Member No.: 17,686
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Jul 19 2019, 06:25 AM) *

QUOTE(Jett @ Jul 18 2019, 01:13 AM) *

Got our nickel plated emblems back...

nice! are you doing these for sale or just did a set for yourself? inquiring minds want to know!

One set is for our 73, but we did do two sets. The second 2.0 emblem has one shorter stud bit still works perfectly. PM if you need the set at the cost. The metal emblems are getting harder to find and the nickel plating and clear coating took some time. Queen City Plating in WA did the work and they are known for being good and expensive. ...probably why I did not offer the second set for sale.
+Quote Post
SO.O.C914er
post Jul 19 2019, 07:10 PM
Post #11983

Member No.: 20,199

It’s Friday and sunny drove it to work today with her top off!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif) Paul
+Quote Post
Larmo63
post Jul 19 2019, 10:49 PM
Post #11984

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17,068

I'm fiddling with corner balancing and stance-ing my car. I've been busy measuring, wrenching, driving, re-measuring, re-wrenching, driving, etc.....

I know with my svelte 200#+ pounds on the driver's side it can be set a pinch higher on the left side, but I'm driving myself koo-koo.

Fun stuff.
+Quote Post
Valy
post Jul 20 2019, 01:13 AM
Post #11985

Member No.: 11,573
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jul 19 2019, 09:49 PM) *

I'm fiddling with corner balancing and stance-ing my car. I've been busy measuring, wrenching, driving, re-measuring, re-wrenching, driving, etc.....

I know with my svelte 200#+ pounds on the driver's side it can be set a pinch higher on the left side, but I'm driving myself koo-koo.

Fun stuff.

Set it higher on the left and if you don't like it just have a couple of beers before you get in, for counter balance.
+Quote Post
Alfieg23
post Jul 20 2019, 04:26 PM
Post #11986

Member No.: 16,854
Region Association: South East States

Attempted to take my 914 to body metal work shop 38 miles from home. At approximately 36 miles from home, my wiring harness went up in flames and burned through my fuel lines. Thankfully there was a semi-tractor driver who had a fire extinguisher and was able to douse the fire in my engine compartment. Additionally, my 914 colleague Brad, came to my rescue and stayed with me and my 914 until the flat bed arrived. I had my 914 flat bedded to my mechanic's shop. Here's hoping I can source a new wiring harness and I think I will go with stainless steel fuel lines going forward. Tomorrow will be another day.
+Quote Post
euro911
post Jul 20 2019, 05:19 PM
Post #11987

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300

It would help to know the year of your car and which FI system you're running?

Just saw a 'L-jet' harness listed in the classifieds this AM. I don't know any of the particulars ... http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=339376
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Jul 20 2019, 05:22 PM
Post #11988

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(Alfieg23 @ Jul 20 2019, 06:26 PM) *

Attempted to take my 914 to body metal work shop 38 miles from home. At approximately 36 miles from home, my wiring harness went up in flames and burned through my fuel lines. Thankfully there was a semi-tractor driver who had a fire extinguisher and was able to douse the fire in my engine compartment. Additionally, my 914 colleague Brad, came to my rescue and stayed with me and my 914 until the flat bed arrived. I had my 914 flat bedded to my mechanic's shop. Here's hoping I can source a new wiring harness and I think I will go with stainless steel fuel lines going forward. Tomorrow will be another day.

What year?

@Alfieg23
+Quote Post
forrestkhaag
post Jul 20 2019, 08:02 PM
Post #11989

Member No.: 17,273
Region Association: Southwest Region

Took the car out for a summer drive / it was a balmy 109 so it was quite comfortable. Think about that for a minute. One's oil doesn't have to warm up. Bearing grease is fully lubed and pliable. Tranny gear oil is supple and all gears hit on targetsd without the "winter crunch" of cold gearbox juices.

On the down side, there are no other 911's or 914-6 versions on the road as most of the locals have their rides in mothballs........ (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)

One question looms ever present: When I elect to fire up the little beast after a few weeks of inactivity, it takes many many revs to get to oil pressure and even then, a few more seconds of rev to get the thing to come to life. Is this "normal" for a 6 with front oil cooler and stock 914-6 oil tank etc.

The Clewett crank fire ignition system is flawless once the oil pressure gauge pumps up but before that, many seconds of rev is required to make life where there was none.????
I am not sure if this is normal procedure........ (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

just for interest, an old photo or two....... but maybe a good one or two...
Steve's car in the lead at 90+_..... YES!
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
914Toy
post Jul 20 2019, 08:21 PM
Post #11990

Member No.: 21,596

QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Jul 20 2019, 07:02 PM) *

Took the car out for a summer drive / it was a balmy 109 so it was quite comfortable. Think about that for a minute. One's oil doesn't have to warm up. Bearing grease is fully lubed and pliable. Tranny gear oil is supple and all gears hit on targetsd without the "winter crunch" of cold gearbox juices.

On the down side, there are no other 911's or 914-6 versions on the road as most of the locals have their rides in mothballs........ (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)

One question looms ever present: When I elect to fire up the little beast after a few weeks of inactivity, it takes many many revs to get to oil pressure and even then, a few more seconds of rev to get the thing to come to life. Is this "normal" for a 6 with front oil cooler and stock 914-6 oil tank etc.

The Clewett crank fire ignition system is flawless once the oil pressure gauge pumps up but before that, many seconds of rev is required to make life where there was none.????
I am not sure if this is normal procedure........ (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

just for interest, an old photo or two....... but maybe a good one or two...
Steve's car in the lead at 90+_..... YES!

Could it be that your oil tank is empty after weeks of standing from gravity pulling the oil out of it into the engine. Thus, the oil pump is sucking air until the scavenger side of the pump has put some oil back into the tank which then feeds the high pressure side of the pump?
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

+Quote Post
914fahrer
post Jul 21 2019, 07:54 AM
Post #11991

Member No.: 18,115
Region Association: Germany

Polished my front hood. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
Attached Image
Attached Image
+Quote Post
RAB914
post Jul 21 2019, 03:52 PM
Post #11992

Member No.: 8,201

Attached Image
+Quote Post
RAB914
post Jul 21 2019, 03:52 PM
Post #11993

Member No.: 8,201

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Costa05
post Jul 21 2019, 06:13 PM
Post #11994

Member No.: 20,535
Region Association: Southwest Region

Bent up some u-straps and test fit radiator hoses on underside of pan.

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Alfieg23
post Jul 22 2019, 04:31 PM
Post #11995

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 20 2019, 07:22 PM) *

What year?

@Alfieg23

+Quote Post
Alfieg23
post Jul 22 2019, 04:32 PM
Post #11996

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 20 2019, 07:22 PM) *

What year?

with a 1974 1.8 engine.

@Alfieg23

+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Jul 23 2019, 12:11 PM
Post #11997

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106

drove it last night to go get dinner, had not been in the car for a few weeks!.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) time to start the short list of to-do's before Okteenerfest!
+Quote Post
mmichalik
post Jul 23 2019, 12:16 PM
Post #11998

MikeM

Member No.: 19,600

Took the '74 to Triple A and used their DMV services to get the car registered in my name and the new plates.
Then I drove it to my mechanic to give it a solid once over to see what we've got and what needs to be done.
He was impressed with the car, liked where it was at, made a couple of minor recommendations and changed the oil. (Brad Penn)
Got a few adjustments to the shift linkage that we're going to do, put some new bushings and such and then we'll be off to the races.
Such a blast to drive. Been taking my daughter with me, since it's going to be her car next year, and let her feel the pain of the DMV process. (even though it was at AAA and not NEARLY as painful as the real DMV). And I'm training her what to look for, with the gauges, with traffic around us, etc.
We'll start her on driving here in the next few weeks. She'll be one of only a hand ful of her age that will know how to drive a stick. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
jim_hoyland
post Jul 23 2019, 03:23 PM
Post #11999

Get that VIN ?

Member No.: 643

Reinstalled the sun visors and replaced the rear view mirror.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
76-914
post Jul 23 2019, 05:29 PM
Post #12000

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jul 23 2019, 02:23 PM) *

Reinstalled the sun visors and replaced the rear view mirror.

That looks a lot nicer w/o "The Bar of Mirrors" Jim. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post

840 Pages V « < 598 599 600 601 602 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:53 AM