Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

842 Pages V « < 715 716 717 718 719 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> what did you do to your 914 today
DRPHIL914
post Apr 25 2021, 04:37 PM
Post #14321

Dr. Phil

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,106
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(Gatornapper @ Apr 25 2021, 06:07 PM) *

Had to media blast my engine bay with a soda-type media to get the horrible black paint a PO had put on carelessly.

Yesterday had to wash it down good with water for new (original Malaga Red) paint to stick.

Soon to paint the engine bay and put the renovated engine, new alternator, powder-coated tins and much more back in. Can't wait to get her back on road.

GN

@Gatornapper

are you changing out the carbs to d-jet before going back in or are you installing it as is?
i tested out your TPS and the ECU both are good after cleaning contacts. i need to get them sent back to you.

Phil
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rymajo
post Apr 25 2021, 05:24 PM
Post #14322

Ryan Jones

Member No.: 23,585
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Got new tires, shocks and springs installed a week ago. New front struts will be going in next. Attempted to put in a Prototipo wheel today so I can get the original sent off and refurbished, but the MOMO hub I was sent must be a lemon as none of the holes line up with the ones on the wheel.

Also got to take the car out to run some errands and snag some photos as the sun was coming up yesterday.

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
mmichalik
post Apr 25 2021, 05:46 PM
Post #14323

MikeM

Member No.: 19,600
Region Association: Southern California

Too the 74 for a 60 mile drive today around the back roads of Inland North County, San Diego. Was able to go through some good twisties without touching the brakes. All shifting and gas petal. So Awesome!
I'm stoked that this is back yard driving for me.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Apr 25 2021, 05:48 PM
Post #14324

Dr. Phil

QUOTE(rymajo @ Apr 25 2021, 07:24 PM) *

Got new tires, shocks and springs installed a week ago. New front struts will be going in next. Attempted to put in a Prototipo wheel today so I can get the original sent off and refurbished, but the MOMO hub I was sent must be a lemon as none of the holes line up with the ones on the wheel.

Also got to take the car out to run some errands and snag some photos as the sun was coming up yesterday.

sweet ride!! looking forward to seeing it in person
+Quote Post
rymajo
post Apr 25 2021, 05:56 PM
Post #14325

Ryan Jones

Member No.: 23,585
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Apr 25 2021, 07:48 PM) *

QUOTE(rymajo @ Apr 25 2021, 07:24 PM) *

sweet ride!! looking forward to seeing it in person

Thanks, Phil! Likewise!
+Quote Post
Gatornapper
post Apr 25 2021, 06:58 PM
Post #14326

Member No.: 21,449

Phil -

So good to hear from you - hope you are well.

Wow - so much to do I'm going back in with the Webers as I had them tuned great when I pulled the engine. I'll have to re-tune them of course as I adjusted the valves, but just a long list of TTD (Things To Do) before I get to the D-Jet.

My goal is to be ready for the D-Jet by fall and make that my fall/winter project.

Cannot thank you enough for all you've done to get the TPS and ECU ready to run, and make the D-Jet installation that much easier. Injectors will go out this summer for testing, then clean up everything, get all new hoses, and install in after that.

I put an oxygen sensor bung in the exhaust to I can do some AFR adjusting on the carbs too to make sure I maximize their performance. I want the carbs performing at their max before I put the D-Jet in so I can make so accurate comparisons.

See PM I'm sending you......

GN

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Apr 25 2021, 04:37 PM) *

Had to media blast my engine bay with a soda-type media to get the horrible black paint a PO had put on carelessly.

Yesterday had to wash it down good with water for new (original Malaga Red) paint to stick.

Soon to paint the engine bay and put the renovated engine, new alternator, powder-coated tins and much more back in. Can't wait to get her back on road.

GN

@Gatornapper

are you changing out the carbs to d-jet before going back in or are you installing it as is?
i tested out your TPS and the ECU both are good after cleaning contacts. i need to get them sent back to you.

Phil

+Quote Post
Arno914
post Apr 26 2021, 01:06 AM
Post #14327

Member No.: 24,260
Region Association: Germany

Instead of going for a drive I took advantage of the nice spring weather and adjusted the valves. Glad I did. While turning the engine over by hand I heard a "bling". Tip of one of the adjuster screws was broken off an fell down on the heat exchanger. Metal fatique? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
Luckily this didn´t happen a day earlier when I was on the Autobahn, doing 150km/h. Could have ruined my valve train.
A friend lended me a spare from of one of his engines and I could move on. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Running fine again, made my weekend. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Arno

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/up.picr.de-24260-1619420772.1.jpg)

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/up.picr.de-24260-1619420773.2.jpg)

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/up.picr.de-24260-1619420774.3.jpg)

+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Apr 26 2021, 06:54 AM
Post #14328

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

Damn you are lucky that happened when you were adjusting the valves. Glad it worked out. Nice way to adjust the valves- outside with the sun shining and plenty of light. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Apr 26 2021, 08:37 AM
Post #14329

Dr. Phil

washer fluid bottle installed yesterday. it’s wired up but i am going to add the relay so it’s done right.

i mounted the new motor under the bottle next to air tube, the 911 bottle top with hose ans valves came from SMC, it’s diameter was 1mm too beg to get into the stock cap, so i shaved it down , also had to cut off 2mm of the bottom so that more threads of the cap are exposed to thread it onto the bottle. now i have the bottle to able to vent, and i have 2 choices for supply, either the bottom stock location, or cap that off and use the new supply from the top. right now i have the bottom hooked up to supply and too is just for venting.

this wire diagram is how it’s wired up, using a bosch type relay. not necessary, it could be wired direct but i will have the relay so why not put it in.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
930cabman
post Apr 26 2021, 01:24 PM
Post #14330

Advanced Member

Member No.: 24,877
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(mmichalik @ Apr 25 2021, 05:46 PM) *

Too the 74 for a 60 mile drive today around the back roads of Inland North County, San Diego. Was able to go through some good twisties without touching the brakes. All shifting and gas petal. So Awesome!
I'm stoked that this is back yard driving for me.

Yea, yea, some guys have all the luck

Enjoy in good health
+Quote Post
914 Ranch
post Apr 27 2021, 03:08 AM
Post #14331

Team Sharp where the 914 grow wings

Member No.: 19,611

Trying to get my stuff together for a photo shoot at the Saint John's River Grill. Cause it has great lunch and is an awesome back drop. Also is the closest resturant to the house. They have speed bumps in the driveway and I can see how the front wing handles them.

Attached Image

+Quote Post
wonkipop
post Apr 27 2021, 03:12 AM
Post #14332

Advanced Member

Member No.: 24,231
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Apr 26 2021, 08:37 AM) *

washer fluid bottle installed yesterday. it’s wired up but i am going to add the relay so it’s done right.

i mounted the new motor under the bottle next to air tube, the 911 bottle top with hose ans valves came from SMC, it’s diameter was 1mm too beg to get into the stock cap, so i shaved it down , also had to cut off 2mm of the bottom so that more threads of the cap are exposed to thread it onto the bottle. now i have the bottle to able to vent, and i have 2 choices for supply, either the bottom stock location, or cap that off and use the new supply from the top. right now i have the bottom hooked up to supply and too is just for venting.

this wire diagram is how it’s wired up, using a bosch type relay. not necessary, it could be wired direct but i will have the relay so why not put it in.

nice job mate. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
VegasRacer
post Apr 27 2021, 05:01 AM
Post #14333

ELVIRA

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 481
Region Association: None

QUOTE(914 Ranch @ Apr 27 2021, 02:08 AM) *

Trying to get my stuff together . . .

Might I suggest you put on a couple more lug nuts before you try anything.
+Quote Post
forrestkhaag
post Apr 27 2021, 12:47 PM
Post #14334

Member No.: 17,273
Region Association: Southwest Region

Sold it.
Bought it for 3100, added a bigger motor and a few trinkets, and sol it on BAT for 42,000 after 6 year of fun.& games.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
Jett
post Apr 27 2021, 01:24 PM
Post #14335

Member No.: 17,686
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Apr 27 2021, 11:47 AM) *

Sold it.
Bought it for 3100, added a bigger motor and a few trinkets, and sol it on BAT for 42,000 after 6 year of fun.& games.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Well done
+Quote Post
cali914
post Apr 27 2021, 04:34 PM
Post #14336

cali914

Member No.: 5,934
Region Association: Northern California

Trying to get my stuff together for a photo shoot at the Saint John's River Grill. Cause it has great lunch and is an awesome back drop. Also is the closest resturant to the house. They have speed bumps in the driveway and I can see how the front wing handles them.

Attached Image

Those Rims are sexy on a 914
+Quote Post
mmichalik
post Apr 27 2021, 05:25 PM
Post #14337

MikeM

Member No.: 19,600
Region Association: Southern California

Got the rear LED's from Jerry today, for the 75. Turn signals, brakes, and reverse.
They are a game changer on the 74, can't wait to light them up on the 75. SOOOO CLOSE!
Going to take it to the electrical shop in the next couple of weeks to have the wiring tested, and fixed where needed. Not sure how extensive it's going to be but, I've been planning for it for a while now.
Not much to look at right now but, just as stoked knowing they're here:

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
914 Ranch
post Apr 28 2021, 03:05 AM
Post #14338

Team Sharp where the 914 grow wings

Member No.: 19,611

QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Apr 27 2021, 07:01 AM) *

Trying to get my stuff together . . .

Might I suggest you put on a couple more lug nuts before you try anything.

Thanks John, I was surprised to find that all the lugs that were on the car were tight. Only 3 on each wheel. She hasn't been on the street for a few years but at this time she has all her lugs in place and tight of course. The wheels on the front wing are another story though. But that's for another thread.
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Apr 28 2021, 06:30 AM
Post #14339

Dr. Phil

QUOTE(Gatornapper @ Apr 25 2021, 08:58 PM) *

Phil -

So good to hear from you - hope you are well.

Wow - so much to do I'm going back in with the Webers as I had them tuned great when I pulled the engine. I'll have to re-tune them of course as I adjusted the valves, but just a long list of TTD (Things To Do) before I get to the D-Jet.

My goal is to be ready for the D-Jet by fall and make that my fall/winter project.

Cannot thank you enough for all you've done to get the TPS and ECU ready to run, and make the D-Jet installation that much easier. Injectors will go out this summer for testing, then clean up everything, get all new hoses, and install in after that.

I put an oxygen sensor bung in the exhaust to I can do some AFR adjusting on the carbs too to make sure I maximize their performance. I want the carbs performing at their max before I put the D-Jet in so I can make so accurate comparisons.

See PM I'm sending you......

GN

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Apr 25 2021, 04:37 PM) *

GN

@Gatornapper

Phil

@Gatornapper
didnt get the PM, glad you are making progress, the motorcycle trips sound great.
I always wanted to do that with my dad back in the day, but he took ill before we had the chance as adults to do that together.

Phil
+Quote Post
VegasRacer
post Apr 28 2021, 09:34 PM
Post #14340

ELVIRA

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 481
Region Association: None

I got dizzy from being upside down for 20 minutes with my head in the footwell. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
I found and replaced a fried in-line fuse, so my stereo works now.
Music will again be an option as a companion for the Route 66 Classic. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tunez.gif)
+Quote Post

842 Pages V « < 715 716 717 718 719 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 08:15 AM