Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

842 Pages V « < 716 717 718 719 720 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> what did you do to your 914 today
mgp4591
post Apr 28 2021, 09:46 PM
Post #14341

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,748
Region Association: Intermountain Region

Installed a new clutch...so much fun. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
76-914
post May 1 2021, 07:40 PM
Post #14342

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Apr 28 2021, 08:46 PM) *

Installed a new clutch...so much fun. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Attached Image

Snazzy., Michael. Which one is that? Exedy setup for mine is ~$350 with flywheel. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
76-914
post May 1 2021, 07:46 PM
Post #14343

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964

Found my squeaking noises. Glad I own a press now. The last time I replaced a set of these bushings I used a sledge hammer and various sleeves. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Steve
post May 1 2021, 10:28 PM
Post #14344

914 Guru

Member No.: 822

Replaced my mb911 quiet muffler, with an obnoxious M&k 2 in 2 out muffler. The sound is amazing and my 3.2 screams!! The motor is still louder than the muffler until you jump on it. Check out this rasant video to hear the muffler. https://youtu.be/X6NgcZ-nQds I also put a down payment on a 3.6 motor, because I’m an idiot and cannot leave well enough alone.
Photo courtesy of lucky9146
Attached Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
mburkhart
post May 3 2021, 09:44 AM
Post #14345

Member No.: 4,364
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Finally got around to installing the front calipers I got from PMB Performance. Went surprisingly well until I went to bleed the rear calipers and the bleeder valve broke off. Looks like I might be doing the rear calipers next!
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post May 3 2021, 12:38 PM
Post #14346

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(mburkhart @ May 3 2021, 11:44 AM) *

Finally got around to installing the front calipers I got from PMB Performance. Went surprisingly well until I went to bleed the rear calipers and the bleeder valve broke off. Looks like I might be doing the rear calipers next!

bummer, i did that too, had to get new ones from PMB , at the time he said it was not worth their time or cost to fix them
+Quote Post
SKL1
post May 3 2021, 10:21 PM
Post #14347

Member No.: 12,732
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Moved the type IV off the stand getting it ready to mate with the newly rebuilt transaxle, and moved my next project, a six to rebuild which will someday replace said type IV...Attached Image
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post May 6 2021, 09:21 PM
Post #14348

Dr. Phil

mounted the new muffler from Ben!

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post May 7 2021, 08:39 AM
Post #14349

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

@DRPHIL914 Looking forward to seeing that with your new valance. Are you planning on adding rolled edge chrome exhaust finishers? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post May 7 2021, 08:42 AM
Post #14350

Michael

After mocking up my stock 3.2 airbox with an aluminum pipe to be sure it all fit and worked (it did) I then pulled it apart and made a SS pipe and had my cousin Phil tig weld a stud onto the bottom for an additional mounting point then had it all powder coated semi-gloss black. I used three 6mm rubber isolators for the brackets to bolt to that support the MAF and air intake tube; it's nice and secure. Got it all put together yesterday and drove it. This morning I am going to a Cars 'n Coffee in Danville. I think in the next week or so I may take a nice ride to Oroville to see Harvey Weidman. That will be a good ride, about 300 miles round trip, to really make sure everything is tip-top. I want to be sure it is 100% for the WCR in October.

Attached Image

Attached Image
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post May 7 2021, 08:50 AM
Post #14351

Dr. Phil

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ May 7 2021, 10:39 AM) *

@DRPHIL914 Looking forward to seeing that with your new valance. Are you planning on adding rolled edge chrome exhaust finishers? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

@Cairo94507 I am. i had a older tip i sipped on it last night to see if i liked it, i think it would look good. I am making a short version valance first, and also will order a fiberglass deep one to try what someone else had done with the mesh inserts too. .... should be a fun project.

+Quote Post
anderssj
post May 7 2021, 08:54 AM
Post #14352

Dog is my copilot...

Member No.: 207
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ May 7 2021, 10:50 AM) *

@Cairo94507 I am. i had a older tip i sipped on it last night to see if i liked it, i think it would look good. I am making a short version valance first, and also will order a fiberglass deep one to try what someone else had done with the mesh inserts too. .... should be a fun project.

Interesting (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

Do you have a PN for the rolled edge chrome exhaust finishers?

Thanks in advance!
+Quote Post
Jett
post May 7 2021, 08:58 AM
Post #14353

Member No.: 17,686
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ May 7 2021, 07:42 AM) *

After mocking up my stock 3.2 airbox with an aluminum pipe to be sure it all fit and worked (it did) I then pulled it apart and made a SS pipe and had my cousin Phil tig weld a stud onto the bottom for an additional mounting point then had it all powder coated semi-gloss black. I used three 6mm rubber isolators for the brackets to bolt to that support the MAF and air intake tube; it's nice and secure. Got it all put together yesterday and drove it. This morning I am going to a Cars 'n Coffee in Danville. I think in the next week or so I may take a nice ride to Oroville to see Harvey Weidman. That will be a good ride, about 300 miles round trip, to really make sure everything is tip-top. I want to be sure it is 100% for the WCR in October.

Looks great, very clean!
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post May 7 2021, 09:02 AM
Post #14354

Dr. Phil

QUOTE(anderssj @ May 7 2021, 10:54 AM) *

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ May 7 2021, 10:50 AM) *

Interesting (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

Do you have a PN for the rolled edge chrome exhaust finishers?

Thanks in advance!
@anderssj
i found them locally at O'Reilly auto parts but Summit carries them as a 9" long rolled flat or angled end. 2/14"ID, about $19 a piece.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/svr-xrpt212
+Quote Post
Bucci
post May 7 2021, 09:11 AM
Post #14355

Bucci

Member No.: 9,407

Great job mounting the 3.2 air flapper box without cutting any stock sheet metal at the trunk and clearing the latch for the engine decklid. I did my fittment 19 or 20 years ago when I installed the motor.

Attached Image

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post May 7 2021, 09:33 AM
Post #14356

Michael

@Bucci Thanks so much. Yours looks very clean too. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Bucci
post May 7 2021, 10:00 AM
Post #14357

Bucci

Member No.: 9,407

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ May 7 2021, 08:33 AM) *

@Bucci Thanks so much. Yours looks very clean too. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

@Cairo94507

One of the tightest fitting areas is the air cleaner snout bumping the forward firewall and you have to get the airbox low enough that it does not hit the inter-web of the engine deck lid from underneath.
Are you able to remove the air cleaner easily after unlatching the outer portion.? That can be tight if not positioned correctly. I also took a quarter wall aluminum tubing and machined it down to the correct size for the intake system extension.

Again, great job positioning everything..!

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post May 7 2021, 01:36 PM
Post #14358

Michael

QUOTE(Bucci @ May 7 2021, 09:00 AM) *

@Cairo94507

One of the tightest fitting areas is the air cleaner snout bumping the forward firewall and you have to get the airbox low enough that it does not hit the inter-web of the engine deck lid from underneath.
Are you able to remove the air cleaner easily after unlatching the outer portion.? That can be tight if not positioned correctly. I also took a quarter wall aluminum tubing and machined it down to the correct size for the intake system extension.

Attached Image

Thanks. Yeah, getting the lid and filter off is easy. The snorkel would be a tight fit. I am going to get a clamp and clamp the snorkel (to make the opening oval shaped) and put it in the oven to get it warm and re-shape it so it will fit easily. It will fit right now, but it is just tight and not to my liking.

Cheers,
Michael
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post May 7 2021, 03:25 PM
Post #14359

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ May 7 2021, 02:36 PM) *

QUOTE(Bucci @ May 7 2021, 09:00 AM) *

@Cairo94507

Attached Image

Thanks. Yeah, getting the lid and filter off is easy. The snorkel would be a tight fit. I am going to get a clamp and clamp the snorkel (to make the opening oval shaped) and put it in the oven to get it warm and re-shape it so it will fit easily. It will fit right now, but it is just tight and not to my liking.

Cheers,
Michael

Two Words.... Heat Gun. You can do just the snorkel that way, without melting the whole thing.

Clay

+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post May 7 2021, 04:24 PM
Post #14360

Michael

OK, I will give the heat gun a try. Great idea. Yeah, I just wanted to bake something in the oven.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Went to a Cars 'n Coffee this morning. Maybe 40 cars. The coolest was this old cab-over truck with a flatbed and hydraulic ramp that now has a Cummins diesel in it and is "bagged". Very cool looking and sounding.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image
+Quote Post

842 Pages V « < 716 717 718 719 720 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
7 User(s) are reading this topic (7 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 07:05 PM