Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

843 Pages V « < 725 726 727 728 729 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> what did you do to your 914 today
jim_hoyland
post Jun 27 2021, 02:28 PM
Post #14521

Get that VIN ?

Group: Members
Member No.: 643
Region Association: Southern California

Got my 914 Flag today from 914 Rubber; makes a nice dust cover while in the garage

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
fixer34
post Jun 27 2021, 02:29 PM
Post #14522

Member No.: 17,908
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Put the car up on jackstands/blocks all the way around so I could pull all 4 tires. First time in 40+ years I believe that I have had all 4 tires off the ground at once.
Finally connected with Glenn, he is going to refinish the steelies. He can also press in my new front bearings. Then new rotors. Calipers due back from PMB in a couple weeks and start to put the brake system back together.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
seanpaulmc
post Jun 27 2021, 06:13 PM
Post #14523

Member No.: 20,649
Region Association: South East States

Pulled parts…

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

74 2.0L

Worth it?
+Quote Post
930cabman
post Jun 27 2021, 06:42 PM
Post #14524

Advanced Member

Member No.: 24,877
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(seanpaulmc @ Jun 27 2021, 06:13 PM) *

Pulled parts…

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

74 2.0L

Worth it?

Are any wires frayed? how do the spade connectors look? If not too bad I would assemble and use Deoxit on all the connections
+Quote Post
KSCarrera
post Jun 28 2021, 05:19 AM
Post #14525

Member No.: 22,846
Region Association: England

Drove 210 miles to a VW and Porsche show, much of the drive in company with friend's 356A... Then drove 210 miles back again, mostly in the rain!

Attached Image
+Quote Post
mikey63
post Jun 28 2021, 11:03 AM
Post #14526

Member No.: 11,529
Region Association: Northern California

Changed out the 48 year old black corduroy for some black and white houndstooth.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
euro911
post Jul 1 2021, 03:24 AM
Post #14527

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300

Took delivery of a set of Lemforder turbo tie rods from PMB (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif)

Also, spoke with my friend Henk - made arrangements to have HOWARD visit his shop for evaluation and hopefully, subsequent repairs (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sawzall-smiley.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif) ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Jul 1 2021, 06:05 PM
Post #14528

Michael

Member No.: 9,712

I got my oil analysis back from Blackstone Labs. My engine got a clean bill of health, 4K miles, and they said it is doing well with no issues noted. Yay! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
bludden
post Jul 1 2021, 06:38 PM
Post #14529

Member No.: 24,380

Replaced my flasher relay and fixed the turn signals and hazards. Fixed wiring from the body guy on the left rear lamp assembly. Cleaned it and got the cover on 30 seconds before it started pouring.
+Quote Post
Jett
post Jul 1 2021, 07:07 PM
Post #14530

Member No.: 17,686
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

We made what we think is the last post restoration tweak to our 75 Palma Green 2.0, it runs and drives well. Time to put on miles!
+Quote Post
Chaznaster
post Jul 1 2021, 08:09 PM
Post #14531

Member No.: 19,389

Reassembled the dizzy after opening it up to unstick the mechanical advance. Could not get it to free up. Put in an order for a 123ignition with Bluetooth.
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Jul 2 2021, 12:37 PM
Post #14532

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106

made some parts orders today related to getting my motor back together, seals and hardware, hope my heads get back here next week so i can get to work on it.
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Jul 2 2021, 02:19 PM
Post #14533

Michael

Member No.: 9,712

I was having a problem with my throttle sticking every now and again. Not a big deal as it would just get stuck at around 1500 RPM when I took my foot off the gas. Tap the pedal ever so lightly and it would drop to idle. I spent last Sunday pulling the seat, console, gas pedal and pedal board out and all seemed fine in the interior. I them checked the rear of the car and everything seemed correct and no issues there either.

This morning I took it in to Eric at Pacific Power Motor Sports in Walnut Creek. Of course it ran flawlessly all the way there....5 miles. Eric spent about an hour going over everything and said he could find no issues at all. He also took it for a nice ride and said no issues at all. Eric is just a great guy and loves these cars. He told me to drive it this weekend and let him know next week if it acts up.

I am going to do some general maintenance on it over the weekend so it will be in tip top shape for the ride to LA next Saturday the 10th. We will probably hit the road about 2:00 AM, (can't wait to give Spoke's LED fog lights and my new Vintage Car LED headlights a good test.) so we can be at Kent's shop around 8:00 AM. Looking forward to seeing the guys. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
raynekat
post Jul 2 2021, 05:30 PM
Post #14534

Advanced Member

Member No.: 18,263
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

When I built the car, I didn't go with an engine bay sound/heat pad for weight reasons and also with the white paint I thought the engine bay would be easier to see inside.

After further review, I decided the car with a six back there was a bit too loud.
So what to do?
Add a sound deadening pad after the fact without pulling the engine.

I purchased one from Aase Sales that is very nice and very light weight...only 1 lb 13 oz.
The factory original was over 11 lbs.

I used contact cement (an entire can) on the backside of the pad and the engine bay firewall.
How to get it in without it sticking right away?
I just wrapped the pad in a plastic garbage bag.
It worked great.
Got the pad in place without it sticking, then just pulled the garbage bag and pushed the pad against the firewall.
It's not going anywhere.

Easy task for those that want to take it on.
Best part, the car is definitely more pleasant to drive but I can still hear enough of the flat six.
Wunderbar.

Attached Image

Attached Image
+Quote Post
mmichalik
post Jul 2 2021, 06:29 PM
Post #14535

MikeM

Member No.: 19,600

Received my factory rear sway bar from @GeroldShaffer today via UPS. Gonna clean it up a bit, paint it and will get it installed once the droplink bushings from @Mikey914 / 914 Rubber show up on Tuesday.
+Quote Post
Gatornapper
post Jul 2 2021, 07:49 PM
Post #14536

Member No.: 21,449

With good friends help and training, using commercial buffer I buffed out oxidized paint with Meguires #1 and #2 which car has needed ever since I got it 4 years ago.....ready for wax but didn't have time today and C&C is tomorrow am so wax will have to wait.

Pics I took got recorded as videos so I cannot post them - will get some tomorrow.Darn iPhone is taking all my photos as short videos. Need to research how to stop that.

Other items done in last week or 2:

Webers fine tuned, engine running great and strong. I've put 550 problem-free miles on the car since putting the engine back in in end of May.

New LED headlights I got from Mark a year ago finally installed. Fog Lights finally wired as DRL's with LED lamps in them. Lots of new seals from 914rubber installed.

Other stuff too but I'm too whooped to remember....

GN

+Quote Post
Chaznaster
post Jul 3 2021, 07:09 PM
Post #14537

Member No.: 19,389

Installed new plugs, plug wires and coil. Rerouted some wiring in the engine bay so nothing crossed the plug wires. Not sure if it is related but had one of the best starts ever and did not need any higher rev warmup before it would idle without any ‘help’.
+Quote Post
Gatornapper
post Jul 4 2021, 07:14 PM
Post #14538

Member No.: 21,449

Ok, here are some pics after wiring fog lights as DRL's and waxing.....

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/hosting.photobucket.com-21449-1625447648.1.JPG)

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/hosting.photobucket.com-21449-1625447648.2.JPG)

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/hosting.photobucket.com-21449-1625447648.3.JPG)

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/hosting.photobucket.com-21449-1625447649.4.JPG)

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/hosting.photobucket.com-21449-1625447649.5.JPG)

QUOTE(Gatornapper @ Jul 2 2021, 07:49 PM) *

With good friends help and training, using commercial buffer I buffed out oxidized paint with Meguires #1 and #2 which car has needed ever since I got it 4 years ago.....ready for wax but didn't have time today and C&C is tomorrow am so wax will have to wait.

Pics I took got recorded as videos so I cannot post them - will get some tomorrow.Darn iPhone is taking all my photos as short videos. Need to research how to stop that.

Other items done in last week or 2:

Webers fine tuned, engine running great and strong. I've put 550 problem-free miles on the car since putting the engine back in in end of May.

New LED headlights I got from Mark a year ago finally installed. Fog Lights finally wired as DRL's with LED lamps in them. Lots of new seals from 914rubber installed.

Other stuff too but I'm too whooped to remember....

GN

+Quote Post
mgp4591
post Jul 4 2021, 11:08 PM
Post #14539

914 Guru

Member No.: 14,748
Region Association: Intermountain Region

Built and fitted my shift console...next comes welding bolts to the center tunnel so I can bolt it down and fit the cables.
Attached Image
+Quote Post
mmichalik
post Jul 5 2021, 12:37 PM
Post #14540

MikeM

Member No.: 19,600

QUOTE(mmichalik @ Jul 2 2021, 05:29 PM) *

Received my factory rear sway bar from @GeroldShaffer today via UPS. Gonna clean it up a bit, paint it and will get it installed once the droplink bushings from @Mikey914 / 914 Rubber show up on Tuesday.

Here's a before and after pic of the bar. The clean up went well, it will be installed this week.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post

843 Pages V « < 725 726 727 728 729 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 08:33 AM