Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

842 Pages V « < 474 475 476 477 478 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> what did you do to your 914 today
euro911
post Oct 5 2017, 06:59 PM
Post #9501

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,300
Region Association: Southern California

Carter makes a ton of pumps for all kinds of applications ... https://carter.opticatonline.com/parts

The only reason I could see the dealer stating they would need to install a regulator is if the stock F.I. (30psi) pump was retained when they installed the carbs.

QUOTE(Gatornapper @ Oct 5 2017, 05:55 AM) *

My pump is a Carter as well - are all Carter's 3.5psi? PO told me the regulator needed to be installed. Since the Porsche dealer put the Webber's on, I would have thought that if a regulator was needed, they would have installed it.....

Thanks!

GN

QUOTE(euro911 @ Oct 5 2017, 01:50 AM) *

I run a Carter 3.5psi pump with the 'BB (carb'd), no regulator needed ... but I used to run the 30psi pump and ran the carbs in series, then used the return line from the second carb back to the fuel tank - didn't use a regulator then either.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Gatornapper
post Oct 6 2017, 08:50 PM
Post #9502

Member No.: 21,449
Region Association: South East States

1. Took tank today to area's best tank restorer, will clean, de-rust, re-line & paint it with lifetime warranty for $225.
2. Ordered (missing) fuel level sending unit, gaskets from Suncoast Porsche - BTW FRIENDS - HUGE NOTE! As far as I can tell, Suncoast is 9% cheaper on parts than Pelican Parts! And their knowledge and support is superb!
3. Ordered rebuild kits for the Weber 44 IDF carbs, AND a Webber technical manual on how to properly rebuild their carbs. While I have almost 45 years experience rebuilding carbs, I can see Weber's are different and want to do it right.

Lord willing, the 914 should be running in a couple weeks.......yay!

GN
+Quote Post
drem914
post Oct 6 2017, 10:25 PM
Post #9503

Member No.: 9,062

Finally installed 914Rubber's LED headlights into my existing Ceibe lenses. Much brighter appearance. Will have to see how they look on the drive to C&C in the early morning darkness. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
Now I just have to swap out the fog light bulbs and the LED swap will be complete.
+Quote Post
JawjaPorsche
post Oct 7 2017, 03:03 AM
Post #9504

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,351

After buffing, drove it to the liquor store!

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
BIGKAT_83
post Oct 7 2017, 04:00 AM
Post #9505

Member No.: 194

QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Oct 7 2017, 05:03 AM) *

After buffing, drove it to the liquor store!

Rabun county liquor store ?
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Shadowfax
post Oct 7 2017, 06:40 AM
Post #9506

Show us the meaning of haste

Member No.: 18,340

Installed my rebuilt throttle body from Phil Eslin. Washed the car then drove it for the first time in more than a month (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
Porschef
post Oct 7 2017, 06:58 AM
Post #9507

How you doin'

Member No.: 12,152
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(Shadowfax @ Oct 7 2017, 08:40 AM) *

Installed my rebuilt throttle body from Phil Eslin. Washed the car then drove it for the first time in more than a month (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

Great! What did you notice to be different? I think my TB has issues...
+Quote Post
flat4guy
post Oct 7 2017, 01:02 PM
Post #9508

Member No.: 20,484
Region Association: Northern California

Car show last night, short drive today and another get together this morning. Met up with another crazy paint friend.
Attached Image
+Quote Post
euro911
post Oct 7 2017, 01:12 PM
Post #9509

Hand doctor appointment yesterday am ...

FedEx delivered another new guitar as soon as I pulled back into the driveway ...

UPS delivered a new car cover for the Ghia, so I could put the 'BB's cover back on the 'BB' ... need to locate my California Car Duster first (where did I put that thing) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

Didn't perform any additional 914 activities for the remainder of the day ...

... but love the new axe (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
SKL1
post Oct 7 2017, 10:22 PM
Post #9510

Member No.: 12,732
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Porsches and Pancakes today at Anthem Country Club, just north of PHX... only 2 AC cars and only ONE 914...Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
Larmo63
post Oct 7 2017, 11:34 PM
Post #9511

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17,068

I drove the car up the coast to my parent's home in Newport Beach, and what a wonderful drive. I got a lot of thumbs ups, smiles, and looks. You just don't see 914s on the road anymore. Came home, put the car on jack stands just to do some inspection, no oil leaks, but I did do a bit of cleaning. Everything looks tight and proper.
+Quote Post
Gatornapper
post Oct 7 2017, 11:34 PM
Post #9512

QUOTE(euro911 @ Oct 7 2017, 01:12 PM) *

FedEx delivered another new guitar as soon as I pulled back into the driveway ...

Ok, Mark. You know you won't get away without telling us about the axe.....you gotta know others here play and absolutely NEED TO KNOW ALL ABOUT IT!!!

BTW, been playing Martin's since 1970 when my first one was a 1939 D-18......a year ago just picked up a custom-made very unique 000-28H from Martin's CUSTOM SHOP that is now my first-love - a 000 version of the HD-28. Best sound & action of any acoustic I've ever owned.

No electrics like my old JC-16RGTE in rosewood I sold.....don't need electrics anymore as I pretty much play for myself. Still have my '74 D-1228 I've owned since 1975 - in mint condition since total resto by one of Martin's best luthiers...

GN
+Quote Post
Gatornapper
post Oct 7 2017, 11:38 PM
Post #9513

Pretty much finished rebuilding the left carb (Weber 44 IDF) last night - looks like new - just need to set the float and put in new gaskets when they come later in the week.

Will start on right carb sometime this week.

Can't wait to hear this baby purrrrr.......rrrrr......rrrr......

GN
+Quote Post
euro911
post Oct 8 2017, 05:46 PM
Post #9514

QUOTE(Gatornapper @ Oct 7 2017, 10:34 PM) *

Ok, Mark. You know you won't get away without telling us about the axe.....you gotta know others here play and absolutely NEED TO KNOW ALL ABOUT IT!!!

BTW, been playing Martin's since 1970 when my first one was a 1939 D-18......a year ago just picked up a custom-made very unique 000-28H from Martin's CUSTOM SHOP that is now my first-love - a 000 version of the HD-28. Best sound & action of any acoustic I've ever owned.

No electrics like my old JC-16RGTE in rosewood I sold.....don't need electrics anymore as I pretty much play for myself. Still have my '74 D-1228 I've owned since 1975 - in mint condition since total resto by one of Martin's best luthiers...

GN
Yep, there are a lot of good guitar players on this forum and the subject has been discussed many times over the years. Perry Keihl started a thread a month or so ago where some folks had posted pix of their gear. Martins and Taylors were discussed a bit.

I picked up a Thinline Telecaster this go-around - been wanting one for years because they're so light weight. This one is only 6 lbs ... my '72 Tele with the Bigsby tremolo weighs in a tad under 10 lbs.

I mostly play rock, but some jazz.classical fusions as well. At 63, recently recruited some younger guys to start up a new band. I hadn't played in a band since the 70's (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) ... hope I can keep up with them (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

Did a little fine-tuning on the saddles yesterday and quite happy with new new acquisition ...

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Gatornapper
post Oct 8 2017, 05:58 PM
Post #9515

Mark - SWEET!!!!! & beautiful! does it play as good as it looks?

An acoustical guy myself, 72 - and no, I cannot keep up with anyone younger unless they are beginners.....

Always wanted to add a Taylor to my collection, but at my age cannot justify it - don't play what I have enough already........

GN

QUOTE(euro911 @ Oct 8 2017, 05:46 PM) *

QUOTE(Gatornapper @ Oct 7 2017, 10:34 PM) *

GN
Yep, there are a lot of good guitar players on this forum and the subject has been discussed many times over the years. Perry Keihl started a thread a month or so ago where some folks had posted pix of their gear. Martins and Taylors were discussed a bit.

I picked up a Thinline Telecaster this go-around - been wanting one for years because they're so light weight. This one is only 6 lbs ... my '72 Tele with the Bigsby tremolo weighs in a tad under 10 lbs.

I mostly play rock, but some jazz.classical fusions as well. At 63, recently recruited some younger guys to start up a new band. I hadn't played in a band since the 70's (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) ... hope I can keep up with them (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

Did a little fine-tuning on the saddles yesterday and quite happy with new new acquisition ...

+Quote Post
Shadowfax
post Oct 8 2017, 06:38 PM
Post #9516

Show us the meaning of haste

Member No.: 18,340

QUOTE(Porschef @ Oct 7 2017, 07:58 AM) *

There is no more gap between the plate and the body. The throttle response seems smoother but I can’t really tell much difference when driving. Looks nice too (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
jim_hoyland
post Oct 8 2017, 06:45 PM
Post #9517

Get that VIN ?

Member No.: 643

QUOTE(Shadowfax @ Oct 8 2017, 05:38 PM) *

QUOTE(Porschef @ Oct 7 2017, 07:58 AM) *

There is no more gap between the plate and the body. The throttle response seems smoother but I can’t really tell much difference when driving. Looks nice too (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Phil does great work; he did my larger Vanagon TB and it’s great. Make sure you have a new TB gasket
+Quote Post
euro911
post Oct 8 2017, 06:55 PM
Post #9518

I forgot your wife has a Vanagon, Jim.

I think I finally traced down and fixed an intermittent ignition electrical gremlin on ours. It would run fine for months, then it would just stop running out of the clear blue. Found a suspicious wire connection at the (-) side of the coil ... cut it back an inch and crimped on a new slide-on connector.

I took it off the market due to the problem. Hope this fixes the issue for good.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
+Quote Post
76-914
post Oct 8 2017, 07:24 PM
Post #9519

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964

Adjusted the L post on the engine lid. It had begun to pop open on bumpy roads when under hard acceleration.
This thread might need a Title change, soon. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)
+Quote Post
iamchappy
post Oct 8 2017, 08:39 PM
Post #9520

It all happens so fast!

Member No.: 1,315
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Changed out the ra 1 tires for the conti extreme contact all season tires, and went out and flogged it....love the crisp air and turbo..
+Quote Post

842 Pages V « < 474 475 476 477 478 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
6 User(s) are reading this topic (6 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 12:16 PM