Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rear Calipers, What a Deal!!!
Rhodes71/914
post Sep 14 2004, 12:42 PM
Post #41

Glacier

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,482

QUOTE(9xauto @ Sep 14 2004, 10:23 AM)
Gentlemen

People should be encouraged to develop items for this type of Porsche, good or bad. The interest must sustain.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/Yack.gif)

Why should people be encouraged to develop bad items?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
lapuwali
post Sep 14 2004, 12:50 PM
Post #42

Not another one!

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,743

Bashing vendor like me is counter productive for the survival of the 914 model. People should be encouraged to develop items for this type of Porsche, good or bad. The interest must sustain.

Sigh. There's clearly room in the 914 market for idiots like this. If a certain vendor in the SouthEast can remain in business all this time, so can this guy.

One wonders. There are over 2000 people on this board. No doubt some stats on the number of regular "unique" visitors to this board could be easily compiled, but let's assume it's a significant fraction of the signed-ip membership. How many drivable 914s are there in the US? What fraction of that buyer base is represented on this board by actively visiting members?

My wild guess is roughly 10K drivable 914s (9 parts cars for each driver!), so this board represents somewhere around 15-20% of the buyer base. Leaves 80% of the buyers unable to participate in this discussion, which is a shame.

To Mssr. 9x: it is in your interest to serve US, not for US to serve YOU. We can all choose not to buy from you (and I think it's a safe bet most people here will not buy from you), and you'll lose some fraction of the market. There are enough people on this very board who are honest and straightforward in serving this market that, frankly, we don't need you. I can assure you that if Brad or The Cap'n or James West (to name only three) decided tomorrow to start spouting utter nonsense about products or services they sold, they'd start losing their market, too. Granted, some businesses in this market have been able to survive a good long time pursuing highly questionable business practices. It's a real shame when they take even a dime away from the people who don't do this.
+Quote Post
9xauto
post Sep 15 2004, 05:55 AM
Post #43

Member No.: 2,751

On the final note. The largest FI 2.0 engine in the 914 series has throttle body slightly larger than a silver dollar with a tiny fuel rail. The 944 with 2.5 4 cyl engine has throttle body and the fuel rail 10 times the size of the 914. So is the rest of the "Rice Burners" with the engines smaller than 2.0. I've metioned the reputable company makes large intakes for type IV engines to compensate for such short commings-and I'm still called an idiot on this forum by people claiming to be an "Assholes".

I love this place (IMG:style_emoticons/default/Yack.gif)
+Quote Post
SLITS
post Sep 15 2004, 06:58 AM
Post #44

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Member No.: 1,696
Region Association: None

WE are the assholes,
WE ARE THE ASSHOLES,
No time for losers,
Cause we are the assholes
Of the world......................,

Ok, so I don't sing well at 6 AM (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tunez.gif)

Before I AutoX, I feed each of my shocks one Blue Pill and man do they get stiff. My times are 5 seconds faster on all courses.
+Quote Post
Joe Bob
post Sep 15 2004, 08:31 AM
Post #45

Retired admin, banned a few times

Member No.: 5

QUOTE(9xauto @ Sep 15 2004, 03:55 AM)
On the final note. The largest FI 2.0 engine in the 914 series has throttle body slightly larger than a silver dollar with a tiny fuel rail. The 944 with 2.5 4 cyl engine has throttle body and the fuel rail 10 times the size of the 914. So is the rest of the "Rice Burners" with the engines smaller than 2.0. I've metioned the reputable company makes large intakes for type IV engines to compensate for such short commings-and I'm still called an idiot on this forum by people claiming to be an "Assholes".

Must be the thought of those high priced calipers rusting away in your wharehouse.....
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
mike_the_man
post Sep 15 2004, 08:56 AM
Post #46

I like stuff!

Member No.: 809

You still have no proof that a stock 2.0L needs more fuel and air. Just because a 944 2.5L has huge fuel rails doesn't mean that it needs it. Plus, 944 engines , as well as rice burner engines, are totally different than a 2.0L type IV. You're comparing apples to oranges here. Once again, show us some sort of tangible proof (ie dyno pulls, G-Tech info, something). If you had proof, you might get some appologies. And the fact that 'reputable' companies make different intakes doesn't mean they are necessary either. Larger intakes have been disuccused several times here before, and other than slightly improved throttle response, I believe that the general concensus was that there was no performance gain.

So, rather than getting deffensive about people questioning the need for your high priced fuel rails, give us some proof that they work. And we don't consider proof to be "This guy said that a stock type IV needs more fuel" or "This car has huge fuel rails, why doesn't a 914." So far, thats all you've said.

PROVE IT TO US!!!
+Quote Post
Root_Werks
post Sep 15 2004, 09:19 AM
Post #47

Village Idiot

Member No.: 2,105
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

All is well, all is well, all is well.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Okay, sounds like this is turning pretty hostile pretty fast. 9xAuto, you are screwing yourself out of customers. Yes, yes, I know the 914 is a very small % of the Porsche aftermarket. But if someone comes back and says "$1800 for rear calipers, go F yourself dude!", a proper response would be "Possibly my buying power is not very strong for this part as this is the best price I can sell it at, let me know if I can help you with anything else." Not "Fuel rails are small and should be bigger."

You are not off to a good start and are wasting your time now.

So it sounds like you don't need our business. Maybe it is time for you to just go?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Dan Root(Root's German Werks)
Servicing 914's more than any other Porsche.
+Quote Post
9xauto
post Sep 15 2004, 11:46 AM
Post #48

Member No.: 2,751

No No. I'm not screwing my self out of customers at all. Our 914 business is less than 5% if any. In the near future we will turn 914 inventories over to our affiliate and concentrate on newer Porsche models.

On the personal level, I participate in this forum because I love this car more than any Porsche I owe, and I do owe other models.

Any questions?
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
+Quote Post
Part Pricer
post Sep 15 2004, 11:50 AM
Post #49

Believe everything I post

Member No.: 35

Are you accepting bids on your current inventory of 914-related products? Or, has that deal already been worked out with your affiliate?
+Quote Post
Joe Bob
post Sep 15 2004, 11:54 AM
Post #50

So post a pic of your ride.....join the fray....
+Quote Post
Root_Werks
post Sep 15 2004, 11:57 AM
Post #51

Village Idiot

Member No.: 2,105
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(9xauto @ Sep 15 2004, 09:46 AM)
No No. I'm not screwing my self out of customers at all. Our 914 business is less than 5% if any. In the near future we will turn 914 inventories over to our affiliate and concentrate on newer Porsche models.

On the personal level, I participate in this forum because I love this car more than any Porsche I owe, and I do owe other models.

Any questions?
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

I already stated 914's are a small % of the business, trust me, I know. I also know the 996-up market is where the money is. But that isn't most peoples cup of tea here. You say you really like 914's, cool! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif) But when someone comes on attacking your site for high prices, it is bad business to be vendictive, which is what you were being. if you have a 914, post pic's please. We loves pics and will support your habbit. But you have already made some people upset because you chose to say things that you still haven't backed up.........So don't say things unless you have solid proof.

I still have yet to visit your site and probably NEVER will, but power on and sell some radiators dude. I have heard there is a large market for extra rear seat cup holders for Porsche SUV's.

:finger2:

"Don't hate me because I'm right." - Me
+Quote Post
Red-Beard
post Sep 15 2004, 12:15 PM
Post #52

"Ya canna change the laws of Physics"

Member No.: 288

Read my Avatar line and repeat after me...

"You Canna Change the Laws of Physics..."

That said...if it were so easy to make so much more HP, you'd think Porsche would have done so during the 7 year life of the product.

If the Type IV had over head cams, 4 valves per cylinder, variable valve timing & water cooling...it too could be a Subaru engine.

la la la la la...he's not listening. What ever. Let it go... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smoke.gif)
+Quote Post
Dominic
post Sep 15 2004, 03:59 PM
Post #53

Dominic

Member No.: 149
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(SteveSr @ Sep 14 2004, 08:46 AM)
Someone please tell me what makes a brake caliper worth (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) $1800.00???? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

SteveSr

The fact that they are NLA (NO LONGER AVAILABLE). Most places sell new Aluminum 911S calipers for $2500+ and they still make them (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) Go figure.
I could not sell my set of NOS 914 rear calipers here for $600, let alone $1800 a piece. I don't know who is buying them at this price.
+Quote Post
d7n7master
post Sep 15 2004, 07:10 PM
Post #54

Gary#

Member No.: 421

Hi All,
OMG!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rocking nana.gif)
I just (for the hell of it) clicked on the link again to the rear calipers - if only for a quick laugh. The $1800.00 calipers are now $400 and somethin'. Had to double take -Wonder how THAT happened... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
Could it be that someone noticed that there's a whole lotta us on this board that spend $$$ on our teeners - and always will??? It's a disease. But as long as we have this board I'd bet nobody's about to buy a $1800.- caliper.
2 cool
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
seanery
post Sep 15 2004, 07:36 PM
Post #55

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100

the rears are removed from the list.
+Quote Post
Aaron Cox
post Sep 15 2004, 08:33 PM
Post #56

Professional Lawn Dart

Member No.: 219
Region Association: Southern California

smart move 9xauto (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif)
+Quote Post
Joe Bob
post Sep 15 2004, 08:41 PM
Post #57

Never answered my question if he EVER sold a pair for 1800..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/alfred.gif)
+Quote Post
seanery
post Sep 16 2004, 07:00 AM
Post #58

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Member No.: 100

must have since they aren't there anymore (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
d7n7master
post Sep 16 2004, 08:39 AM
Post #59

Gary#

Member No.: 421

WoW! Your right. No more rears for sale. He must have had just that ONE set. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bootyshake.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol2.gif)
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 11:21 AM