Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tank full of horror!, Is it safe to start?
Mike D.
post Aug 23 2004, 05:09 PM
Post #21

OK, It runs now, and pretty good too!

Group: Members
Member No.: 85
Region Association: None

In California, our gas starts to go bad in about 2 weeks. Read a report recently in the AAA mag that stated the adatives (basically water) start to separate from the gas in as little as two weeks!

And BTW, don't use a shop vac to get the gas out either! - yep, I'm still alive! - (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) but a little dizzy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)

-Mike D.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
smg914
post Aug 23 2004, 10:07 PM
Post #22

Sahara Beige Steve

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,695
Region Association: None

I was in a Lowes Home Center the other day and I noticed a table with a bunch of items on sale. I saw a few packages with hoses in them that had siphon pump printed on the package. And it was non electric, no batteries and no mechanical mechanism. Just a brass fitting on one end with a marble sized ball bearing inside the brass fitting. I always wanted something to pump fuel out of my fuel cell in the race car after it sat for a month or two. So I purchased the pump. All you do is put the end with the bearing into the cell or tank with the fuel in it and start shaking it up and down and all of a sudden the fuel starts shooting out of the hose like a garden hose. Within about a minute and a half the cell was empty. I emptied the fuel into one of my 5 gallon fuel containers I take with me to the race tracks and then put it in my Jeep. If the fuel was anything older than a year old, I don't think I would even put it in my lawn mower.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 06:05 AM