Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Compufire ignition install, fitting issues with orig vac advance dissy.
edwin
post Dec 27 2011, 02:42 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,384
Region Association: Australia and New Zealand

Hi guys
Bought Dad a compufire ignition kit for his kombi (type 4 with 914 dissy) for christmas and have gone to install it tonight but am having issues getting everything sitting right.
I know i am breaking all the rules by no adding photos but will have to charge my phone wich died while doing this.
The compufire kits come as either vac advance or 009 mech advance and i bought the vac advance which my research shwoed was only different due to the small spacer in the kit.
Without the spacer that slides on the dissy shaft the disc hits the sensor itself and with it on the rotor sits too high and the cap jams the shaft.
Am wondering if there is something i am missing that others have found a solution to.
Also the wires sit very close to the advance arm or the disc which seems to be bad design is this a problem?
Thanks for all help in advance and i'll try and get some pics later
Cheers
Edwin
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 11:59 AM