Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Replacing fuel lines, Not as easy as I tought
mikea100
post Dec 28 2011, 03:05 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,182
Region Association: North East States

While replacing my fuel lines I noticed that they're metal from shifter lever going forward and plastic going back.
Here're my steps.
First, I removed the fuel tank and noticed that fittings on the outside firewall are metal (Picture 1). Then I removed front tunnell access plate and the lines were metal (Picure 2). I thought that it was nice of PO to have them replaced. But when I removed rear tunnell access plate the lines were plastic. I wanted to trace the entire line and removed shifter lever and saw a some kind of connector that hooks up metal line to plastic (Picure 3). Is this stock setup? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)
I purchased a comlete set from Tangerine and those lines will replace everything firewall to firewall. However, I noticed that fittings (Picture 4) are much smaller than the ones that are there now (Compare Pic 1 to Pic 4). Should I be concerned sbout that?

Happy New Year! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Mike

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 04:45 AM