Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Relay Board Big Yellow Wire Was Cut In Half, Crazy PO -
bandjoey
post Jan 4 2012, 08:40 PM
Post #1

bandjoey

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,156
Region Association: Southwest Region

Ok... now that Christmas is over I'm finally getting a day off in the week and will try to get my ride back on the road. The simple engine swap ended up with new fuel lines, electrical repairs around the relay board, a little rust repair, and 3rd brake light...and now I'm back to the motor and before putting it in I want to fix the where the PO did the crazy. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stromberg.gif)

The Yellow Wire at the Relay Board coming out of the harness and into the big 14 wire plug was cut. A new big Red Wire was patched from the Ign switch back to the starter. Also the fuel pump was hotwired to the coil. With carbs, I want to use the relay board jumper and use the original fuel pump plug. It's the Yellow Wire cut that I need help with.

Question time?????

Where does the yellow wire originate? Ign Switch or Fues Box or? (I'm getting too old just to spend time under the dash, so a starting place is appreciated!)

Why would the PO do this in the first place???

If the yellow is spliced back together? What's the normal outcome?

I don't want to just splice the wire and then burn up a harness or alternator. how can I test the yellow wire to be sure it won't cause other electrical problems?

All suggestions appreciated!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 07:27 PM