Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Relay Board Big Yellow Wire Was Cut In Half
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
Ok... now that Christmas is over I'm finally getting a day off in the week and will try to get my ride back on the road. The simple engine swap ended up with new fuel lines, electrical repairs around the relay board, a little rust repair, and 3rd brake light...and now I'm back to the motor and before putting it in I want to fix the where the PO did the crazy. stromberg.gif

The Yellow Wire at the Relay Board coming out of the harness and into the big 14 wire plug was cut. A new big Red Wire was patched from the Ign switch back to the starter. Also the fuel pump was hotwired to the coil. With carbs, I want to use the relay board jumper and use the original fuel pump plug. It's the Yellow Wire cut that I need help with.

Question time?????

Where does the yellow wire originate? Ign Switch or Fues Box or? (I'm getting too old just to spend time under the dash, so a starting place is appreciated!)

Why would the PO do this in the first place???

If the yellow is spliced back together? What's the normal outcome?

I don't want to just splice the wire and then burn up a harness or alternator. how can I test the yellow wire to be sure it won't cause other electrical problems?

All suggestions appreciated!
VaccaRabite
Big yellow wire is (I think) the seat belt ignition interrupt wire. It is usually jumpered to disable the seat ignition disablement. Pretty normal.

JeffBowlsby
Billlllll....study the wiring diagrams....
904svo
That Yellow wire was the starter wire, which was was connected to the starter relay terminal. I think the previous owner had wired in a hot start relay circuit.
That wire only has power on it when the key is put in the start postion.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.