Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Porsche Parade 2012, Salt lake city ..Miller motor sports park AX venue
6freak
post Jan 27 2012, 03:51 PM
Post #21

MR.C

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,829
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) anything in Salt Lake besides salt..and a salt water lake
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Randal
post Jan 28 2012, 10:47 AM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 750

QUOTE(DanT @ Jan 25 2012, 09:43 PM) *

QUOTE(Randal @ Jan 21 2012, 12:34 PM) *

QUOTE(J P Stein @ Jan 21 2012, 11:14 AM) *

Running against Provasi at the 06 Parade was part of my AX education. We showed up on shot tires and didn't realise it.......it was humiliating to not even be competitive. Write that down somewhere. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I've seen him run a bunch of time down at the Marina and elsewhere and no question he's good. I'm personally just looking foward to running against him in something that might be able to keep up, as my car before all the mods wasn't on the same planet.

What would be really fun would be to get Rob, Dan and Grant (Pirate Racing) out there, in Rob's car, so that we'd have a few guys to chase Tom.

That would make my day, but prolly won't happen. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)

I would go to parade for that! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+1
+Quote Post
grantsfo
post Jan 30 2012, 11:13 AM
Post #23

Arrrrhhhh!

Member No.: 433
Region Association: None

Tom is beatable. His car hasnt been that blazing fast the last few times I saw it run. My old 914-6 (Robs Car) really wasnt developed as an AX car so it wouldnt be fun to drive in national event as it would get its clock cleaned. It would really need major suspension work, differnt motor, cage reduction, stiffening etc to be a fast autocross car at a national level. I was amazed I got as close as I did to dedicated AX cars at the 914 Shoot out as I did. I left all my track settings on the car and just shoved new tires under it! Randals car could probably do well at Parade. He has sorted most of bugs out from what I can see.

Now Boxster on the other hand might just put the hurt on Orange Crate and all other fast 914's. We saw it easily despense of Leeds 914 this year. And didnt he set TTOD in last Parade? And Boxster should get a bigger motor this season.

I'm working on Erik to hual it to PCA parade event. Pretty sure Erik could be TTOD at that event.

Here is Boxster on track. Still amazing to see stock internal 2.5 liter Boxster keep up with cars with 3 times as much HP! Thats a Zo6 and GTR on Hooseirs in front of him. Its a noisy little bugger though.

http://youtu.be/ZCUJcHw8QxI
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post Jan 30 2012, 05:16 PM
Post #24

PMB Performance

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,110
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

anything in Salt Lake besides salt..and a salt water lake

You could come tour the temple. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Park City, Little Cottonwood Canyon, Big Cottonwood Canyon, Salt Flats, Miller Motorsports Park, Lagoon, Mirror Lake, Alta, Brighton, Snowbird, etc. We're planning quite a few tours and parades along with DE on the East track and offroad courses for the Cayenne's.
+Quote Post
sixnotfour
post Feb 1 2012, 07:03 PM
Post #25

914 Wizard

Member No.: 2,744
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)
+Quote Post
NS914
post Feb 3 2012, 12:14 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 10,455
Region Association: Canada

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 30 2012, 07:16 PM) *

Park City, Little Cottonwood Canyon, Big Cottonwood Canyon, Salt Flats, Miller Motorsports Park, Lagoon, Mirror Lake, Alta, Brighton, Snowbird, etc. We're planning quite a few tours and parades along with DE on the East track and offroad courses for the Cayenne's.

Coming from Nova Scotia, you might think...just what the h....elll does this guy know but, here goes. From a family perspective, those amazing ski hills have some great trails for Mtn Biking at all levels (at least last time I was there) and our boys had a great time. You can rent bikes for very reasonable daily or even hourly rates. Those same boys got out shopping as teenages are wont to do. We also did some summer tours on the Gondolas....the kids had a great time throwing snowballs at one another at the top of Snowbird. (I think it was Snowbird) Surely will not fill your week but, I am thinkin' there are lots of cool car things to do and mix it all up. Grant
+Quote Post
6freak
post Feb 3 2012, 06:26 PM
Post #27

MR.C

Member No.: 8,829
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(NS914 @ Feb 3 2012, 10:14 AM) *

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 30 2012, 07:16 PM) *

Coming from Nova Scotia, you might think...just what the h....elll does this guy know but, here goes. From a family perspective, those amazing ski hills have some great trails for Mtn Biking at all levels (at least last time I was there) and our boys had a great time. You can rent bikes for very reasonable daily or even hourly rates. Those same boys got out shopping as teenages are wont to do. We also did some summer tours on the Gondolas....the kids had a great time throwing snowballs at one another at the top of Snowbird. (I think it was Snowbird) Surely will not fill your week but, I am thinkin' there are lots of cool car things to do and mix it all up. Grant

been look n round at things ...there`s 144 bars in town (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) I guess Mormon`s drink alot I would`nt think they did (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) ..lots of state parks ....and theres of course tours and rallys set up ...I will take a ride in a gondola for sure .... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) Jeff if ya go I`ll haul your slicks for ya (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) and carry spare parts (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) ...March 13th sign up
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th June 2024 - 06:35 AM