Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Am i missing something? (electrical), oh where oh where are my 12v & 5v leads
Brando
post Aug 29 2004, 03:17 PM
Post #1

BUY MY SPARE KIDNEY!!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,648
Region Association: Southern California

I'm trying to put a stereo in my '75 914. Blasphemy, i know, all i need to hear is the sound of the engine and gearbox... but i'd like some low-noise tunes to go with on those long freeway drives. I noticed i have no speakers in the normal kickplate location. I also don't have the holes in the door panels for 6¼" or 6½" speakers. I have two 6"x9" speakers i'll make custom boxes for down there... but anyhow, back to the stereo.

I cannot, for the life of me, find on a wiring diagram or in the car itself, find where the 12 and 5v leads to the stereo are. I know one comes from the ignition switch (on position) and another comes from... ignition switch maybe? Red and Yellow wire. one is for the 'ignition on' position, other is to supply power while the car is off (maintains your presets and the clock). I think you all know what i'm talking about... But i can't find the wires, and i dont want to start cutting/splicing into my still-awesome-shape wiring in the front of the car (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Diagrams, instructions, all help apprecieated. thanks! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 2)
type47
post Aug 29 2004, 03:26 PM
Post #2

Viermeister

Member No.: 994
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

not to savvy about stereos, less so about modern stereos, but you can attach the 12 volt to the fuse panel. there are some switched terminals you can piggy back onto. only problem is, i don't know the number of the terminal right off hand....
+Quote Post
Brando
post Aug 29 2004, 09:11 PM
Post #3

BUY MY SPARE KIDNEY!!!

Member No.: 2,648
Region Association: Southern California

I got it. I ran a second connector off of the clock. Only 'always on' 12v connection i could easily find. I have the a center console so i just went for it... It's nice to have tunes in the car again (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 08:33 PM