Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Am i missing something? (electrical)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brando
I'm trying to put a stereo in my '75 914. Blasphemy, i know, all i need to hear is the sound of the engine and gearbox... but i'd like some low-noise tunes to go with on those long freeway drives. I noticed i have no speakers in the normal kickplate location. I also don't have the holes in the door panels for 6¼" or 6½" speakers. I have two 6"x9" speakers i'll make custom boxes for down there... but anyhow, back to the stereo.

I cannot, for the life of me, find on a wiring diagram or in the car itself, find where the 12 and 5v leads to the stereo are. I know one comes from the ignition switch (on position) and another comes from... ignition switch maybe? Red and Yellow wire. one is for the 'ignition on' position, other is to supply power while the car is off (maintains your presets and the clock). I think you all know what i'm talking about... But i can't find the wires, and i dont want to start cutting/splicing into my still-awesome-shape wiring in the front of the car sad.gif

Diagrams, instructions, all help apprecieated. thanks! smile.gif
type47
not to savvy about stereos, less so about modern stereos, but you can attach the 12 volt to the fuse panel. there are some switched terminals you can piggy back onto. only problem is, i don't know the number of the terminal right off hand....
Brando
I got it. I ran a second connector off of the clock. Only 'always on' 12v connection i could easily find. I have the a center console so i just went for it... It's nice to have tunes in the car again smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.