Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> AX results Delta region, I still suck
Joe Ricard
post Aug 29 2004, 06:52 PM
Post #1

CUMONIWANNARACEU

Group: Members
Member No.: 92

But now I suck in the rain too!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

First two runs were dry and Hotter than the hammers of hell.

Spun the first run and clocked a great run on the second. Wait till my Mustang buddy hears I whipped a 5.0 GT (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

Then the skies opened up flooded the course and Well my group was next. Slip and slide for one of the most Spectacular 360's and travelled like 50 yards. Never hit a cone.

Down side must have had a back fire during the slide because it blew off a vacuum line and I limped it back to the grid. After that I had enough and went home.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
watsonrx13
post Aug 29 2004, 07:17 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 312
Region Association: South East States

That's OK Grasshopper, practice, practice, practice....
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post Aug 29 2004, 08:20 PM
Post #3

914 Freak!

Member No.: 8
Region Association: None

It didnt back fire... you spun the engine over backwards....

The key is: have fun. It doesnt matter whether or not you kicked eveyones ass... have fun. Enjoy the car.

B
+Quote Post
GaroldShaffer
post Aug 29 2004, 08:45 PM
Post #4

You bought another 914?

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 865
Region Association: None

Don't feel alone. I had a less than stellar day, but it was FUN! (can we get a smiley spinning backwards (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool_shades.gif) )

I had a nice spin off the Tire Rack course here into the grass backwards (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) O'well its seat time and that is what I need. Well that and a clue on WTF I need to do (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Dave-O
post Aug 29 2004, 09:06 PM
Post #5

Is winter done yet?

Member No.: 1,082

I ran with the Corvette club for a two day autocross in St. Cloud, the club set the course up for big HP e.g. long scary straits. There was a 600 hp mustang that must have been going 100+ on a few parts of the course. It would have been futile to compare my times with these guys so i just concentrated only on making my own times faster. Yesterday i was pretty inconsistant but today i was starting to feel pretty comfortable in the car and on this course. Then of course it started to rain and thats another story all together. I've got a short video of me sliding off the course several times. Dave Parsons, i miss seeing you at the events, i need somebody to tell me what i'm doing wrong and keep telling me till i get it right!

Gettin' Wet

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Joe Ricard
post Aug 30 2004, 08:50 AM
Post #6

CUMONIWANNARACEU

Member No.: 92

Spun the engine over backwards???? Is that bad??? Sounds bad... The course worker said he heard a loud POP . Of course it was hard to start and drive off the course with the vacuum all dicombomulated. D-jet was searching all over trying like hell to run.

Well as I said 4 grand all the way home and drove it to work this morning. Put it up on it's jack stands to check it out tonight. Just like to inspect stuff lok for leaks and just gaze in awe of that vintage motor.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 04:14 PM