Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> cheap 2.0 heat exchangers/exhaust, good deal for a conversion
Aaron Cox
post Aug 30 2004, 05:25 PM
Post #1

Professional Lawn Dart

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 219
Region Association: Southern California

come on quick! 50 bucks buy it now! convert from 1.7 etc

no interest blah blah

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=33630
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Aug 30 2004, 05:29 PM
Post #2

914 Freak!

Group: Members
Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

look at all the rust, how long will that thing last ???

PAYPAL MAY BE USED FOR ALL THE PURCHASE BUT YOU MUST ADD 3%

I thought you couldn't ask for the 3% fee on eBay???? someone from the BBS once got thier ads removed for demanding the same thing????
+Quote Post
MXMARK
post Aug 30 2004, 05:33 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,656

The ones in my garage look better and I have the stock muffler. Oh I just saw the price, nevermind. Aaron you already have a set on your car. Mark
+Quote Post
Aaron Cox
post Aug 30 2004, 05:35 PM
Post #4

Professional Lawn Dart

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 219
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(MXMARK @ Aug 30 2004, 04:33 PM)
The ones in my garage look better and I have the stock muffler. Oh I just saw the price, nevermind. Aaron you already have a set on your car. Mark

i know (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) , im pointing them out to someone who may need them for 50 bucks..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
SLITS
post Aug 30 2004, 05:45 PM
Post #5

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,696

Like Muller ya wanna see that ad jerked in a quick second - just let eBay know.

Sorry, already have 3 sets and in better condition. Oh well (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
+Quote Post
anthony
post Aug 30 2004, 06:26 PM
Post #6

2270 club

Member No.: 218

I thought you couldn't ask for the 3% fee on eBay???? someone from the BBS once got thier ads removed for demanding the same thing????

I don't understand why ebay is such a hardass on this. You can charge whatever shipping/handling fee you want but you can't say you're recovering fees.
+Quote Post
lapuwali
post Aug 30 2004, 06:37 PM
Post #7

Not another one!

Member No.: 1,743

They're such a hardass because Ebay owns Paypal and wants their extra 3% on top of the auction fees. You can always leaving shipping/handling unspecified and tack it on after the fact if they use Paypal.
+Quote Post
Rhodes71/914
post Aug 30 2004, 06:42 PM
Post #8

Glacier

Member No.: 2,482

They're such a hardass because Ebay owns Paypal and wants their extra 3% on top of the auction fees. You can always leaving shipping/handling unspecified and tack it on after the fact if they use Paypal.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

That's what I would do.
+Quote Post
MXMARK
post Aug 30 2004, 06:44 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 1,656

In CA. You can't charge more for something just because someone uses a credit card. I can't when I sell a Motorcycle or Quad, It is just part of the expense to do business.
+Quote Post
anthony
post Aug 30 2004, 07:18 PM
Post #10

2270 club

Member No.: 218

It doesn't even matter if you specify shipping and handling fees. Haven't you seen people selling things for $.99 with $15 shipping and handling? They do it to avoid end of auction ebay fees.
+Quote Post
ArtechnikA
post Aug 31 2004, 07:09 AM
Post #11

rich herzog

Member No.: 513

QUOTE(MXMARK @ Aug 30 2004, 04:44 PM)
In CA. You can't charge more for something just because someone uses a credit card.

but PayPal considers themselves a law unto their own.

they claim they are not a bank, they claim they're not a lot of things.
they are answerable and responsible to no one.

you either play by their rules (the user agreement you must accept) or you don't play.

since you 'voluntarily' accept their terms and conditions, you are bound by them.

i don't think they could get away with half the stuff they do (especially in CA) if anyone were to seriously press the case, but i don't know what it'd take to initiate such an action. i think their attitude and policies suck on many levels, but there is not a lot of recourse and few alternatives...

they are the de facto standard, and i suspect it'll take something at the federal level to get them to change...
+Quote Post
SLITS
post Aug 31 2004, 09:07 AM
Post #12

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Member No.: 1,696

The ornamentals at the computer shows try the same thing. 3% added if you use a credit card, none if cash. I tell the to go (IMG:style_emoticons/default/finger.gif) themselves.

If they are running that close to the line that they need to recover the 3%, they don't need to be in business.

Feel the same way about eBay and PayPal - you don't wanna play - don't buy or sell - used the classifieds on the boards that exist. You may have a hard time finding a board for your product though - got any widgets? Ebay is advertising - cheap too! - buy ads in all the papers of the world to sell your item and see what it costs. PayPal is a service and services charge for what they do, except for Brad.
+Quote Post
balljoint
post Aug 31 2004, 09:20 AM
Post #13

914 Wizard

Member No.: 1,897

In general, credit card companies make vendors sign an agreement that they will not try to pass on the merchant discount when their customers try to use their cards. They see this as a potential deterent to people using plastic.

Th smaller the vendor, or the further away from North America you get, the more you see credit card fee add-ons.

When I was in Peru this past May, any hotel we stayed in would have added 15% to the bill if we used our visa card. Makes it a bit unnerving, having to carry a lot of cash in an unknown country/neighbourhood, but to pay an extra 15% is insane.

Paypal just wants people to use their service so they can make their 3%, best way to not lose this is, as stated, build it into S&H later on.
+Quote Post
Root_Werks
post Aug 31 2004, 02:59 PM
Post #14

Village Idiot

Member No.: 2,105
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

When I use to take CC/DC's for my shop, I think I was 1.6% for DC's and 1.25% for credit cards? Then there was a flat % of total funds run through which brought everything up to just about 3%. I turned everything in and just take cash or checks now. Too much of a pain in the ass. 100% of my customers are face to face so writting a check is not an issue.

CC's suck. :finger2:
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th May 2024 - 11:45 AM