Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> TDC on /4 fan???, not installed on motor, any templates??
Mueller
post Aug 30 2004, 07:19 PM
Post #1

914 Freak!

Group: Members
Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

I'm just going to mount my crankfire trigger wheel behind the fan, the problem is that the motor is already installed in the car and I have an extra fan sitting on my workbench with no markings for TDC which I need to know in order to make sure the trigger wheel is mounted properly.

Is there a sure fire method to know where TDC is on the fan without the fan being installed?

I'm pretty sure there are no markings at all on my fan, if there are some, I don't see them (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ejm
post Aug 30 2004, 07:34 PM
Post #2

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel

Member No.: 224

Maybe the template in this Pelican Parts article will work.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
lapuwali
post Aug 30 2004, 08:01 PM
Post #3

Not another one!

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,743

Hey Mike, if you make a spacer plate, I'll take one. If you look at Dave's sensor mounting method, you only have to get the orientation right to within 30 degrees or so, and adjust the sensor to match. He's got a photo of his spacer on the other thread to get a good wag on orientation.

Maybe there's a group buy in the offing...
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Aug 30 2004, 11:23 PM
Post #4

914 Freak!

thanks Ed......it looks like I have a 2.0 (or 1.7???) fan after all...it has the TDC mark and the 27° mark

James, I'm going to send a few drawings over to Patrick to get a qoute......i like your idea on the other thread about making the wheel out of sheetmetal....it could be cut out with all of the needed holes and the teeth...place the part in a round fixture to "fold" the teeth over 90° and you've got yourself a trigger wheel....what sucks is that my motor is in the car, it'll be tougher to make the bracket for the sensor while crawling underneath the car...unless I can grab a bare block from Brad, that would help (I already have a fan housing)
+Quote Post
Carrera916
post Aug 31 2004, 12:04 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 273

Muller....

I have three engines lying around at my garage right now....and it isnt going any where for about a month or so....you're more than welcome to swing by in Pleasanton to look, copy, kick or whatever you need to do...then swing a block over to see Patrick ( I assume that's the Patrick you're talking about in Pleasanton)....just holler (PM or email me) and we can work something out....

Oh... i even have a bare block in Fremont where I work and you can borrow that, too...eh!

j
+Quote Post
lapuwali
post Aug 31 2004, 08:34 AM
Post #6

Not another one!

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,743

James, I'm going to send a few drawings over to Patrick to get a qoute

Kewl...Let me know and I of course will be happy to contribute.

Can't help on the case problem. I also have a spare fan housing (obtained for just this reason), but only one case, and it's in my car.

Guess I better get over to the pick and pull and grab a complete EDIS setup before there's a run on them. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Sep 1 2004, 01:50 PM
Post #7

914 Freak!

Jerry, call me or e-mail me...I can pick up a motor tonight (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

510-484-8700 cell

thanks

(I tried to e-mail you, no response)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th May 2024 - 11:24 AM