Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TDC on /4 fan???
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
I'm just going to mount my crankfire trigger wheel behind the fan, the problem is that the motor is already installed in the car and I have an extra fan sitting on my workbench with no markings for TDC which I need to know in order to make sure the trigger wheel is mounted properly.

Is there a sure fire method to know where TDC is on the fan without the fan being installed?

I'm pretty sure there are no markings at all on my fan, if there are some, I don't see them wacko.gif wacko.gif
ejm
Maybe the template in this Pelican Parts article will work.
lapuwali
Hey Mike, if you make a spacer plate, I'll take one. If you look at Dave's sensor mounting method, you only have to get the orientation right to within 30 degrees or so, and adjust the sensor to match. He's got a photo of his spacer on the other thread to get a good wag on orientation.

Maybe there's a group buy in the offing...
Mueller
thanks Ed......it looks like I have a 2.0 (or 1.7???) fan after all...it has the TDC mark and the 27° mark

James, I'm going to send a few drawings over to Patrick to get a qoute......i like your idea on the other thread about making the wheel out of sheetmetal....it could be cut out with all of the needed holes and the teeth...place the part in a round fixture to "fold" the teeth over 90° and you've got yourself a trigger wheel....what sucks is that my motor is in the car, it'll be tougher to make the bracket for the sensor while crawling underneath the car...unless I can grab a bare block from Brad, that would help (I already have a fan housing)
Carrera916
Muller....

I have three engines lying around at my garage right now....and it isnt going any where for about a month or so....you're more than welcome to swing by in Pleasanton to look, copy, kick or whatever you need to do...then swing a block over to see Patrick ( I assume that's the Patrick you're talking about in Pleasanton)....just holler (PM or email me) and we can work something out....

Oh... i even have a bare block in Fremont where I work and you can borrow that, too...eh!

j
lapuwali
James, I'm going to send a few drawings over to Patrick to get a qoute

Kewl...Let me know and I of course will be happy to contribute.

Can't help on the case problem. I also have a spare fan housing (obtained for just this reason), but only one case, and it's in my car.

Guess I better get over to the pick and pull and grab a complete EDIS setup before there's a run on them. biggrin.gif
Mueller
Jerry, call me or e-mail me...I can pick up a motor tonight smile.gif

510-484-8700 cell

thanks

(I tried to e-mail you, no response)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.