Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Throttle cable replacement
eldiosyeldiablo
post Aug 31 2004, 09:00 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,047

I cut the end attaching to the accelerator pedal and tied a piece of house string to it. Then I pulled the throttle cable out from the engine bay. The string method worked and I got the string all the way through.

Though my problem is that I want to get the new cable through and the string plus the end of the throttle cable are two big for the little opening.

Should I just give up on the string method and just press the cable through trusting that it will not get stuck on anything?

Do I need to dremel cut the opening for the throttle cable? The opening sticks out about 1 1/2 inches from the firewall.

Thanks,
David
1974 2.0 P.O.S.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ChrisReale
post Aug 31 2004, 09:12 PM
Post #2

Sleazy

Group: Members
Member No.: 176

I think you can just slip it through. Take the center cushion out and access the little plate and remove it. When you poke it through from the engine side of the fire wall, go into the cabin and try to grab it and pull. Do this the whole way down the center tunnell.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th May 2024 - 02:14 PM