Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Throttle cable replacement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
eldiosyeldiablo
I cut the end attaching to the accelerator pedal and tied a piece of house string to it. Then I pulled the throttle cable out from the engine bay. The string method worked and I got the string all the way through.

Though my problem is that I want to get the new cable through and the string plus the end of the throttle cable are two big for the little opening.

Should I just give up on the string method and just press the cable through trusting that it will not get stuck on anything?

Do I need to dremel cut the opening for the throttle cable? The opening sticks out about 1 1/2 inches from the firewall.

Thanks,
David
1974 2.0 P.O.S.
ChrisReale
I think you can just slip it through. Take the center cushion out and access the little plate and remove it. When you poke it through from the engine side of the fire wall, go into the cabin and try to grab it and pull. Do this the whole way down the center tunnell.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.