Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> TO arm freeplay, how much again?
machina
post Sep 1 2004, 06:58 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 848

Now that the tranny is bolted up, was checking the freeplay of the are. I seem to remember 20mm freeplay, but is that at the end of the arm (which would be longer) or at the point where it touches the case?

How much is too much?

dr
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
machina
post Sep 1 2004, 10:36 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 848

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) hello?
+Quote Post
dmenche914
post Sep 1 2004, 02:13 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 366

I do not know the diminsion, however you want a clutch pedel to have about half an inch of free play before it starts pulling on the arm. If you find you do not have enough travel to fully release the clutch when pedel free play is correct, you either need to move the stop under the pedel further down, or (especially true if new tranny) make sure you have enough washers to shim the ball that the arm pivots on. This ball , if too close to the tranny because not enough washer spacers under it, will not allow the arm to move enought to fully disengage the clutch.

(I know this cuase it was a real pain one time to figure out what was wrong, had the tranny in and out four times or so in one day.)

dave
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th May 2024 - 07:01 AM