Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TO arm freeplay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
machina
Now that the tranny is bolted up, was checking the freeplay of the are. I seem to remember 20mm freeplay, but is that at the end of the arm (which would be longer) or at the point where it touches the case?

How much is too much?

dr
machina
icon_bump.gif hello?
dmenche914
I do not know the diminsion, however you want a clutch pedel to have about half an inch of free play before it starts pulling on the arm. If you find you do not have enough travel to fully release the clutch when pedel free play is correct, you either need to move the stop under the pedel further down, or (especially true if new tranny) make sure you have enough washers to shim the ball that the arm pivots on. This ball , if too close to the tranny because not enough washer spacers under it, will not allow the arm to move enought to fully disengage the clutch.

(I know this cuase it was a real pain one time to figure out what was wrong, had the tranny in and out four times or so in one day.)

dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.